In need of a Grizzly G1182HW Fence Support

Cheryl Warren

I just bought a Grizzly G1182HW 6" jointer and the fence support is cracked. Unfortunately the part is discontinued. Looking for replacement part PG 1182029 (PG 1182Z029).

1636409420846.png

I just bought a Grizzly G1182HW 6" jointer and the fence support is cracked. Unfortunately the part is discontinued. Looking for replacement part PG 1182029 (PG 1182Z029).

View attachment 118665
I know it is cast but a really good welder can still weld it. Take it to a welding shop. What they do is heat both pieces and weld it. I had a good friend in the Navy who was a Nuke welder and I watched him repair a cast iron head from a Cat diesel.

I need the same part for the same jointer. It was broken by movers several years ago but I've not pursued replacing it since I very seldom use the jointer. I didn't realize Grizzly had discontinued the part. :( I think I'll check around locally and see if I can find a welder who can fix it. (If for no other reason than to be able to sell the jointer if I decide to.)

I need the same part for the same jointer. It was broken by movers several years ago but I've not pursued replacing it since I very seldom use the jointer. I didn't realize Grizzly had discontinued the part. :( I think I'll check around locally and see if I can find a welder who can fix it. (If for no other reason than to be able to sell the jointer if I decide to.)
I spoke with Grizzly and unfortunately they couldn't find a part to fit from other jointers. They have recommended that JB Weld will works as well without having to metal weld. Mine has a broken corner with a clean break so I am hoping it holds.