Muscle Chuck or the Like

Had to look it up, hadn't heard of them.

So is it working the two wrenches (assuming no spindle lock) that is the challenge? or getting the bits to pop out?

I know the collet on my cnc has a tendency to hold onto the bit, but the way it is designed with the retaining ring I can usually give it a last good turn until I feel the collet cone pop loose and the bit gets released.

It looks like a nice upgrade though.

i just put that router into the new router table I just finished.
originally, I had it in my main router table on the tablesaw, but I didnt like turning the handle to lift it up and adjust.
I purchased one of those motorized lifts, it didnt fit the milaukee, so I got a porter cable.
Im very happy with the motorized lift, its simple to use and makes my life alot easier, I know nothing about muscle chucks. I learn new stuff here every day.

I have an older version of that chuck - somewhere, I'm not currently using it. I've probably had it for about twenty years or more. It holds the bits very firmly, but releases them easily with a half turn of the Allen wrench.
One minor downside to it is that it leaves two small half-moon shaped indentations on the bit's shaft. They don't affect the bit's usage, though - mainly just cosmetic.

Had to look it up, hadn't heard of them.

So is it working the two wrenches (assuming no spindle lock) that is the challenge? or getting the bits to pop out?

I know the collet on my cnc has a tendency to hold onto the bit, but the way it is designed with the retaining ring I can usually give it a last good turn until I feel the collet cone pop loose and the bit gets released.

It looks like a nice upgrade though.
I have always been a big fan of the two wrench system. It allows you to torque against the opposing wrench instead of the arbor. I have some sort of trigger-finger / carpal thing going on that I have been treating with physical therapy for quite a while. That along with arthritis is getting tough to work around. The action required to tighten and loosen the collet is getting problematic. Not a big deal for my hand held routers but I change bits in the router table . . . a lot. I'm just looking to make that easier on the old bod.

I have read that there can be run out issues with the Musclechuck but the design has an adjustment capability to correct for that. I ordered one and will post a thread once I have had a chance to go through the setup procedure.

I have an older version of that chuck - somewhere, I'm not currently using it. I've probably had it for about twenty years or more. It holds the bits very firmly, but releases them easily with a half turn of the Allen wrench.
One minor downside to it is that it leaves two small half-moon shaped indentations on the bit's shaft. They don't affect the bit's usage, though - mainly just cosmetic.
This is the original version and a design still used by Whiteside machine and others. The current MC's use a split receiver that grabs the bit shaft more like a typical collet.

I've never heard of anyone using a corkscrew on a twist-off cap. :huh: :D
True story, a few weeks ago I was opening a bottle of wine and got out the cutter I use to cut the foil on a bottle of wine The bottle was given to me . I used to cutter on this bottle only to see I had succeeded in cutting the top of off a twist cap.... lol. My grand daughter was standing there and she just laughed... the wine wasn't too bad.