Okay Fess up! How Many Could Not Resist Building One Of These?

Good Idea Larry I will e mail him a picture. I tried to reinsert the avatar, and it won't work for some reason, Brent is checking on it I believe to see if they can figure it out. Not a problem really

Hmmm, You changed your email address and now can't change your avatar either?

That was a very helpful bit of info. When you did that, you got put back into the 'Users Awaiting Confirmation'. The forum software should have sent you an email requesting for you to confirm your email address.

I went ahead and fixed that, so if you can let me know if you can post images or change your avatar, that would be great!

Nice work Charles. The side plates also keep the trigger aligned well too.

Have either of you guys noticed that the crossbow tends to shoot the mini-marshmallow on an upward trajectory rather than more level? I tried attaching a strip of wood on top of the top plate with a rubber band to see if that would deflect the marshmallow downward. All it accomplished was to destroy the shot completely.

Actually, I'm thinking that the bowstring is following the curved "ramp" of the rails & is releasing the marshmallow at the peak of the ramp in an upwards direction. If the rails were not curved, I think the marshmallow would shoot horizontally. If I make another crossbow (doubtful, but ???) I'm going to leave the rails straight & test fire the bow. If that doesn't resolve the trajectory problem, I could always curve the rails.

Last edited: