Pen Blank Swap: LAP I Completed!

You got to send a smaller box if you want this guy to sort all the way through it and then think about what it is he wants to make! Then there is the repacking! :eek::eek: :doh::doh: Anyway, glad to say it got mailed yesterday (Wednesday, May 6th). Oh, it is in its original container, didn't want anyone else to miss the ambiance!! :rofl::rofl: I did get pictures of what I took out and what I put in. Will try to get them posted yet today. Texas here it comes!

Excellent box of goodies Ned, thanks so much for doing this, was fun to participate!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I was just going to post and see when it was sent out. I hope it gets here soon. I have done some casting but would like to do some more. so a little delay is no big deal. This is a crazy week for work so I have not had much time.

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited:
To Everyone on the swap. Believe you me, I Understand that Life happens, If you get hung up, let us know and we'll wait until you have time. Remember this is supposed to be Fun, so if it becomes a stress point, let us know. (hopefully the delay is a relatively short one... )

Pen Blank Swap:Next leg- IN to Tejas

Yeah but, We got the problem of shippers in the mainland US still seem to think that Hawaii is not part of the USA and either refuse to ship here, (I'm dead seroius on that) or charge extra to get stuff here. Many I have talked to have no idea that the USPS ships here at the same flat rate as any other US location. Texas is way luckier in that respect.

Looking forward to that box getting out here to the islands.

Aloha, Tony

Holy cow! I must say Ned created an amazing box of goodies. I did not know what to expect and the quantity and quality exceeded my expectations. I apologize for the late turn around time. Been trying to exterminate a turkey, my youngest daughter got a 26 pounder, 23mm spurs, 10.5 inch beard! Her boyfriend got a 23 pounder and dear old dad, well, I got to video daughter's hunt and so it was a successful season even if I go bust. Took last night off and went with daughter and boy and wife and caught a 2 lb largemouth bass! My largest bass of my life! At school finishing up grading and recording pictures, will be posting tons later in the month of the woodturnings completed. Got wrangled into creating a "lowered" ceiling in the gym for this weekend's prom. Used 50# test line 18" apart across the gym, four triple lines the length of the gym. That took a while. The prom committee put "tooling" across everyother line. Looks really neat! Okay, here are the pictures, first of what I took out, the other is what I put in.
At the MPG where I demonstrated my Pen Wizard I actually got to meet Jeff in Indiana that creates many resins/epoxys/plastic pen blanks. Have ordered from him quite a bit and very happy each time. So took a couple of the Cocobolo blanks and some resins from Jeff. I put in some bloodwood and a blank cut in half already of pink I use for my Breast Cancer pens and donate to the Relay for Life raffle. They are poured by Jeff in Indiana. Also included a set of marker tops. They are fun to turn a top for, they slide in the center and when you spin them, they mark the floor (water cleanup). Kind of like a free hand spirograph for those that remember them. If you need further instruction, have a couple laying around somewhere, can take a couple of pictures to clarify. Have fun, and hey Ned, again, "thanks for doing this swap, it was fun and am enjoying seeing who does what!". Now we will need a thread of things made from this swap box!

Attachments

• Items taken from box.jpg
    Items taken from box.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Items placed into the box.jpg
    Items placed into the box.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 39
Jonathan,
those look great from here, I really like those Pink blanks. Have to see about ordering some. Congrats to your daughter and her boyfriend, those sounds like some decent game birds.

I'm happy to have started the swap, but It wouldn't be possible without everyone's chipping in so to speak. :thumb: Good idea on the follow on thread for pens made from the blanks etc...

I got the stuff today. Man there is a lot of stuff. I have not had a chance to look through it but it appears to have some really nice blanks. I still want to do a couple more castings so I can include some neat stuff.

Of course I will take some pictures when I get some time. Tomorrow is mothers day so that day is going to be a bit messed up.

Alan

Just a quick update. I still have not dug through the box yet but what I have seen looks great. I have cast some coffee bean blanks that I will be sending and some yellow spit pea blanks as well. These are with the white Alumilite. I have a couple of hours in the morning and will try to do some wood and Alumilite blanks.

I will keep everyone informed of my progress. I will take some pics when I get a chance.

Alan

Alan, it is amazing what is stuffed in that box isn't it??? Those that haven't gotten it yet or those not participating can't fathom the time it takes to go through this box and absorb all of the possibilities that abound in it. Glad it got there, was starting to worry. :eek:

Just a little sample of some of my blanks that I will send along for the ride. I am still hoping to get some others cast later today. Hope you like them. These are good size blanks right at 1"x1"x5.5"

Alan

Attachments

• Blanks.jpg
    Blanks.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 87