2011 Swap Box display thread

Got's me mine today from Vaughn

'Flabbergasted' is all I can manage to say at this point

a little Foto-Flick Video here... http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6049/s9p.mp4

Edit:Ooop's, guess I should mention what it's made from...Cherry with walnut & maple accent stripes with an ebony knob...unbelievable the fit & finish on this
fam21.gif

PS: sorry Vaughn, but I used the mesquite bowl to catch my drooling, sure it will wash out fine. ;)

Attachments

• mini-DSCF3219.jpg
    mini-DSCF3219.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 80
  • mini-DSCF3224.jpg
    mini-DSCF3224.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 72
  • mini-DSCF3226.jpg
    mini-DSCF3226.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 71
  • mini-DSCF3242.jpg
    mini-DSCF3242.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 67
  • mini-DSCF3245.jpg
    mini-DSCF3245.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
ken who made that sharp box it sure looks like a voughn job to me:) who ever made doen a splandid job o it.. and chuck love that latch and hinge work on the cherry burl box and the shipping contaier was a clever way to get it there safe:D:thumb:

ken who made that sharp box it sure looks like a voughn job to me:) who ever made doen a splandid job o it.. and chuck love that latch and hinge work on the cherry burl box and the shipping contaier was a clever way to get it there safe:D:thumb:

Definitely Vaughn :thumb: I put it in the header of my post, cause I couldn't figure out how to post screaming with delight ;)

Last edited:
nice work again chuck yu must have one very big stash of the cherry burl at your place and yu only showed me th pieces that you made just now and the ont tom got:) yur smarter than i gave yu credit for:)

Chuck and Vaughn.......VERY NICE! Every box that shows up here I keep saying...oh thats the best one yet...then the next one shows up and I say..oh ,oh...thats the best one. These are all very cool boxes.
Chuck...even the shipping box has dovetails??? Are you kidding me??? NICE!
Vaughn adds a bonus bowl?

Nicely done boys!

Chuck and Vaughn.......VERY NICE! Every box that shows up here I keep saying...oh thats the best one yet...then the next one shows up and I say..oh ,oh...thats the best one. These are all very cool boxes.
Chuck...even the shipping box has dovetails??? Are you kidding me??? NICE!
Vaughn adds a bonus bowl?

Nicely done boys!
No dove tails Tom it's 1/4" box joint:thumb:

Man, this just keeps getting better and better. One thing for sure, I am going to have to step up another notch or two next year.

ken, the video was great. You get an extra blue ribbon for that.

Glad to see the box got there, Ken. :thumb: The video was great, too. :D :clap:

Chuck, awesome work there, especially for a pirate. :p I'm going to remember that latch idea. ;)

I just got a box from Don Orr All I can say is he hit out of the park. Well done Don:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Pics will have to wait until KaLea takes them for I can not do it justice with a camera:doh::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
ken, the video was great. You get an extra blue ribbon for that.

Thanks Steve, had to do something diff as my photo skills lack to say the least.
Niether the pix or the vid do justice as to how awesome Vaughn's gift{s} are!

FWIW...the music was mine from my archives, only 'Cali" beach type stuff I've ever recorded and the tempo matched my heartbeat upon opening this up today :thumb: