Cedar Gloat

Cody Colston

There was a large Cedar tree in the pasture behind my house near an old house place. The top had blown out of it and the 20 ft. tall forked stump was dead. I finally caught the old man at home and asked if I could cut it down for turning stodk. He was more than willing as he doesn't care much for Cedar trees, evidently. I also gave him a Cedar bowl that I had turned and he was tickled pink with it.

I cut it down, got most of it cut up yesterday and finished today. The crotch portion of the two trunks was eaten up with big black Carpenter ants and it extended quite a ways up the largest fork. I probably had to throw away a third as much as I kept but I still got a bunch.

Here it is Anchorsealed and partially loaded ready for storage.

Attachments

• Cedar Tree 002.jpg
    Cedar Tree 002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Cedar Tree 001.jpg
    Cedar Tree 001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Cedar Blanks 001.jpg
    Cedar Blanks 001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 38
  • Cedar Blanks 002.jpg
    Cedar Blanks 002.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 53
Hi Cody.

I think that you'll be bored to death to turn so many times the same type of wood. Why don't you send some pieces over here?:D:D After all same wood from same tree will lead to same bowls.

Are you going into mass production??:rofl:

Hi Cody.

I think that you'll be bored to death to turn so many times the same type of wood. Why don't you send some pieces over here?:D:D After all same wood from same tree will lead to same bowls.

Are you going into mass production??:rofl:

Toni, if he sends that, we are liable to put you in the poor house with all the shipping charges. ;) At least, his would be lighter than the hunks of lead I'm sending. :rolleyes:

Last edited: