Thread: New toyl, sort of...

New toyl, sort of...

I'm an audio book fan, but I haven't listened to many in awhile, mostly because I haven't wanted to bring my PDA in the Prius or the van with me lately.

I decided to pick up a cheap MP3 player, and today it came in from tigerdirect. I got a 1G Zen Stone for a whopping $17. So now I have access to my two dozen or so books I've purchased over the past couple of years.

I'll need to get a new pair of headphones eventually, it came with earbuds, but I prefer on ear.
    -Ned

Dang, I didn't realize MP3 players were that inexpensive these days. Congrats.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Dang, I didn't realize MP3 players were that inexpensive these days. Congrats.

Yeah, even the ubiquitous iPod, the Shuffle model, is only $49 for the 1GB version ($69 for the 2GB).

But if all somebody wants is just a basic MP3 player, Heck!!!, how can you beat $17? Way to go Ned.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

I had access to my kid's ipod shuffle, but I had problems playing the audible.com formatted books on the shuffle. PEBCAK I'm certain, but suffice to say he reclaimed it from me. So, I checked on tiger and found the Zen Stone (refurbished) for that price. It isn't the newest model, but it will more than suffice for my needs. I've already got two novels loaded on it, and have room for 3 more If I wanted them. I've got enough for a couple of weeks work on there as it sits now, so work will be more enjoyable now.

I like the Stone, which is basically the same as the Shuffle in a slightly different case. USB cable charges the battery and allows access for the software to load up the device.
    -Ned

Ned,

The new worktunes has a jack for an mp3 player cable (and comes with its own cable as well).

http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-WorkTun...4970353&sr=8-1

it's a great way to have some noise abatement in the shop *and* listen to audio books and podcasts. "Juice" makes a great podcast receiver... you may never pay for an audio book again...

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, thanks for the tip on Juice. The Worktunes were on my wishlist already of course.
    -Ned