Thread: 12345

Last edited by Chuck Thoits; 05-03-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    Just watched a show on the discovery channel. It was about how they make wooden bowels in Holland Michigan. I will tell you that they have one cool lathe But it's production puts the rest of us to shame.
    Bowels?? I've heard about wooden legs, and wooden arms with a hook in ancient times, specially pirates ( like you) had them but żbowels? I wonder how do they hollow them and attach them to your body.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

wooden bowels? suppose they wouldn't (wooden) poop then
    Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Bowels?? I've heard about wooden legs, and wooden arms with a hook in ancient times, specially pirates ( like you) had them but żbowels? I wonder how do they hollow them and attach them to your body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Brennan View Post
    wooden bowels? suppose they wouldn't (wooden) poop then
    Chuck,

As nice a group as this is, we can sometimes be unforgiving if the joke is good enough. Now that you've fixed it I guess it's time to forget it and MOVE on.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Chuck,

As nice a group as this is, we can sometimes be unforgiving if the joke is good enough. Now that you've fixed it I guess it's time to forget it and MOVE on.
    You're right Rennie.
    Most problably it was made more evident to me because I thought Chuck was using some sort of slang,( that I didn't know) and looked it down in several dictionaries before making the joke.

Chuck, no offence intended at all. My apologies even if they are not needed.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

....Most problably it was made more evident to me because I thought Chuck was using some sort of slang,( that I didn't know) and looked it DOWN in several dictionaries before making the joke.

Chuck, no offence intended at all. My apologies even if they are not needed.
    Toni, no offence intended here either, but the correct wording is "...looked it UP in several..."

Maybe you did that intentionally...if so, Well Done!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Toni, no offence intended here either, but the correct wording is "...looked it UP in several..."

Maybe you did that intentionally...if so, Well Done!
    Thanks Jeff, but my command of english is not that good to be able to make those subtle nuances when joking.

However ,I said down because they were on the very low shelf. I think if they had been in the top one most problably I would have said UP

The use of prepositions and phrasal verbs is not my strongest point!!
    Best regards,
    Toni

...However ,I said down because they were on the very low shelf. I think if they had been in the top one most problably I would have said UP...
    Toni wins the thread!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Wait a minute, now they're "wodden bowls"? C'mon, Chuck! You're making this too much fun-- and too easy-- for us.

How about... "wooden... bowls."

--MJ
    "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."--Vince Lombardi

All joking aside, that episode left me with a kind of sad feeling---the automated lathe is pretty cool, and obviously VERY stable--looks like it weighs a few thousand pounds. The sad part is the absence of any "art" to it. When every bowl has the exact same curve, and an automated sander does all the finish work. Kinda boring if you ask me. I really liked the automated hydraulic chainsaw/circular saw blank cutting machine!