Thread: Toy Box Complete

Zushi, Japan

Toy Box Complete

Here is a toy box I just completed. Well actually not quite as there are only two coats of BLO/Tung/Poly on it now and I will will put a couple of poly over that. This is nothing fancy really as I used some cheap cedar from my local big box. It is for my 3 year old daughter so it is going to get abused some I'm sure. The construction is frame and panel with some lining.

Front View Closed

Front View Open

View of Lining

For my next project I probably won't be spending so much time here. For some time I have been interested in making a stringed instrument but have never got around to it. Finally though I have made the decision to go ahead with it. So I will be foraging the around the acoustic guitar sites gleeming info on construction techniques. I am in the planning stages of making a flat top six string acoustic guitar in the traditional OM style.

Thanks for looking.

Constantine, MI
    That is one very handsome looking chest Alex - Very nicely done. I'm positive the recipient will be thrilled!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Tokyo Japan
    Very nice Alex, she is going to love it!

I sure hope that you post your guitar making here, I'd love to see one of those go together!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Los Angeles, CA
    Cedar seems like a good choice for this purpose. I am sure your daughter will love it.

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Wow! Simply beautiful Alex!

ABQ NM
    Beautiful work, Alex. I'll bet your daughter gets a lot of use out of it.

Add me to the list of those who will be highly disappointed if you don't post guitar progress pics. Building guitars is something that has been on my list for a long time.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Zushi, Japan
    Thanks for the comments guys. About the guitar I will do a progress thread. Glad to hear there is some interest in this. It is going to take a little while before I get started though as I have to make some molds, tools and do some reading.

Inside the Beltway

Great job on the chest!

I'm very interested in seeing the guitar thread. Way beyond my humble skills, but it'll be fun following along!