How's the Coffee?... new blood here..

Ted Jay

Hi all,
I crossed the waters and found myself here, looks like a nice place, think I'll stay a spell if you don't mind? There are alot of familiar names, some I haven't seen for awhile creekside, fishin' must be better over here!

We made our last move (according to the LOML), 2 years ago, and livin' in Hempstead TX, northwest of Houston on 3 acres.
681755759_9cba9005c5.jpg

There was a 15 year old 18x24 metal shop building on the property, and I'm in the process of expanding it for storage. (I started on the 12x24 expansion Thanksgiving 2007) Here is the finished front of the building after alot of work.
2415450910_9df0604da5.jpg

I just finished hanging the back door today, and all that is left to do is to hang the sheetmetal on the door, and some trim and the outside is good to go for now.
2640275191_cc46df1dd1.jpg

I was going to build shelves, but after seeing Tom Clarks post on cabinets I'm backpedaling on that idea and thinking drawers on the bottom, shelves on top. (that would be a total of about 30 foot of cabinets 4 foot tall.... that's alot of drawers!!:eek:) I'll have to think on that for bit.

Later & good to find this place... Here's to good coffee.:wave:
Ted

Good to see you drop in, Ted. :thumb: I've always got iced tea around of it's too hot for coffee.

We've got a variety of former, present, and future Creekers here...it's a good mix. There's a bunch of old posts in the Members Only area that can give you and idea how this place came into being.

Nice looking addition. I'll bet you enjoy having almost double the room. And I'm envious of your acreage. :D

Hey Ted! Welcome!

The coffee always seems to be cold by the time it gets to me in Idaho. Maybe you'll have better luck!:rofl:

Good to see you drop in, Ted. :thumb: I've always got iced tea around of it's too hot for coffee.

We've got a variety of former, present, and future Creekers here...it's a good mix. There's a bunch of old posts in the Members Only area that can give you and idea how this place came into being.

Nice looking addition. I'll bet you enjoy having almost double the room. And I'm envious of your acreage. :D

Thank you all for the welcome.

Vaughn,
It's never too hot for a good strong cup of coffee.:thumb:
I do recognize alot of the names here and I know I hadn't seen them at the creek for a while, I'll have to check out to see what the end result of Marty's shop build is... I didn't get to see the outside completion. (It was also a time when I was working 60 hours a week and in the process of moving to the new house and or packing.)
As far as the addition... Not much work is going on in there most of the time. I have to move stuff out to have room to do anything.
2562886809_086860226a.jpg

After you move everything out to get some working room, and get it all set up your ready for a break, or too tired from the heat. You also have to remember you have to put it all back at the end of the day.
That is the reason for the addition, just for storage tokeep the shop setup ready for working.
Here is the storage addition before I finished closing in the back wall. There will be a door into the shop on the lower right side of the pic. The door I just finished to the outside will only open from the inside.
2322859646_15be7e36e1.jpg

Until I get the storeroom done, all shop projects are on hold.
Later,
Ted

Welcome to the Family Ted!:thumb: The sign in my shop offers diet pop or bottled water in the fridge. On a good day there might even be both. No coffee pot out there. I wear a path to the house for that.

Welcome to the Family Ted!:thumb: The sign in my shop offers diet pop or bottled water in the fridge. On a good day there might even be both. No coffee pot out there. I wear a path to the house for that.

What, no trees outside?
The fridge in the shop has water, Gatoraide, hot dog fixin's, and in the freezer are those italian ice freezer pop things (frozen cool-aid stuff).

The new shop (at a much later date) will have a bathroom with shower, water and sewer already run.