Prayers for my daughter - UPDATED

Nancy Laird

Seems that this has been the year for major crises in our family. First my dad, next David's sister, and now a child. My daughter, Amanda, is in hospital in the Phoenix area, and is having major surgery this week. A colonoscopy shows damage and irriversable dead spots throughout her entire colon. Her doctor is quite adamant that the only option to get this healed and back on track permanently is surgery. The surgery is being scheduled for Wednesday or Thursday. I am now here in Phoenix to take care of my 7-year-old granddaughter for a while. I ask for your prayers and good thoughts as she undergoes this life-changing surgery. Thanks.

Last edited:
Your daughter and her family will be in my prayers Nancy. The power of prayer is a wonderful healing and comforting experience. May it make the next several days easier for all of you.

Nancy, all my thoughts and prayers are by you and your family.
Know this is a hard time for you, wish you strenghts in the coming days.
I hope the surgery went out well.
Take good care of yourself.
Ad

I'm with you here Nancy, if there is anything at all I can do to help just let me know.

DT

it's after 7:30 p.m., and I just got home from the hospital - Amanda had her surgery today. The official diagnosis is ulcerative colitis, and the surgeon removed her entire colon. The ulcers had not reached her rectum (thank goodness), so they have prepared her "insides" for a reversal of the stoma in 3-6 months. She's in pretty rough shape now, from the pain from the surgery, but as the days go by, she'll be much better. She's fighting the nasal canula for oxygen and hitting the button for pain med about every 3-4 minutes, but she isn't getting that much med--just 1.8 mg per hour.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers - she still has another 10 days in the hospital and recuperation until the end of August, so we aren't out of the woods yet, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, notes here, the PMs I've gotten, and your good wishes.