Prayers for my daughter - UPDATED

Nancy my prayers will continue for your daughter's continued quick recovery.
Keep us posted.

Be well .... Dave

Last edited:
No, Dave, I wasn't upset and I appreciate the thoughts and your prayer. Daughter is better today - was actually quite coherent, although still in a LOT of pain. She has quite a mountain to climb, but she's gonna get there.

I got a PM asking, so thought I'd post a quick update about Amanda. She's apparently doing fine. I came back to Albuquerque on Monday, as her bio-mother came to town to take care of her and the munchkin. She claims not to be sleeping well because "the pain meds are causing nightmares", so the doc drastically reduced her pain meds yesterday, and now she's mad. She's the type that every time she has a twinge, she thinks she needs a pain pill, so she's not liking having to work through the recuperation pain. She's off the catheter, most of the IVs, and eating soft foods, so she's doing a lot better. She wants to go home, but everyone tells her to let the doctor tell her when she's ready, and not to nag them about it. She still has about 6 weeks of recuperation time--I don't think she realized how draining this surgery would be for her. But she's fine. Thank you all again for your prayers, good thoughts, and concern.

Glad to hear she's doing well. My son went through something similar about 8 years ago, at age 20, and I know how tough it is. Prayers will continue for you and your family.