Does anybody want this blade?

Mark Rios

I found a blade form my Skilsaw in a box that I was clearing out. It's brand new, unused and is the stock blade for the Skil 77. It has the Skil "77" logo at the top and the pic of the saw on the blade and all that stuff. You know, the factory, stamped steel stock blade on the old Skilsaw.

I don't know if any blade collectors out there have any use for this or not. It's either 8 to 10 years old or it's about 20 years old, I don't remember which saw it came off of. I know it didn't come off of my Mag 77 or my Bosch 1677.

Anyway, if anyone would like this blade, let me know and I'll send it out to you.

Man, talk about a ghost town. :rolleyes:

I don't have a need for the blade, but I felt sorry for your post just sitting here all alone.

Maybe it's time to make a sawblade clock? :D

Ahhh...you're too kind Vaughn.

I didn't really think it's worth anything but I have a hard time just throwing it in the trash. Oh well, I'm sure someone would have told me if they wanted it or not by now. Into the trash it goes.

Thanks again.

How thick is it?

I want a blade to chop up into pieces to make scrapers for my yet to be built hollowing rig.............

Like this........

web4248.jpg

I don't have any blades that I can "Chop up" as they are all still giving good service........ yes, my metal detector has saved a few saw blades from an early demise!

Wonder what shipping to Japan would be :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!

IIRC Stu, you've mentioned that you've been in Japan for 16+ years? Well, I obviously don't know anything about the Japanese CS market but over here they used to sell CS's with stamped steel blades, until 5 or 6 years ago, no carbide or anything. Nowadays, of course, it's hard to find a CS without a carbide tipped blade. There was a very big jobsite market for blade sharpening and double sided blade holders, one side for sharp and the other side for dull. Guys would look for deals on boxes of 50 pack blades. I think they may have some sort of slippery coating. I'm sure that Tod would know if there was a coating and anything else about the steel used in these blades.

The blade metal itself, not including the tooth offset, is 1/16"

Yeah Mark, they are all carbide tipped blades here now as well.

Is this blade carbide tipped? I gather it is not, so it would be perfect for me to chop up into small pieces for making the kind of scraper bits for my hollowing tool.

I got the idea from Eli Avirsera when he was here, he had some custom shapes and was asked where he bought them, he said "I made them form an old CS blade"

Let me know if you still want to ship it to me, I'd pay shipping if it was cheap enough :p

Cheers!