Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Every Photographer's Nightmare

Every Photographer's Nightmare

I do a lot of walking at work, with my Sony in hand. I always keep the strap loosely wrapped around my wrist. Today that wasn't enough. I was shooting on a busy street, which had a concrete median strip. I had finished shooting the buildings I needed to do and was heading back to the van when all of a sudden I tripped on a pair of bolts set into the concrete and took a tumble. I got pretty scraped up, and my DSC went flying.

Thankfully I keep a neutral density filter on it, and though the barrell of the lens got a little scraped up the filter took much more damage and is easily replaced.
    I ruined a brand new set of khakis, and have some nice road rash. and the camera seems to work pretty well. I'm pretty sore at the moment, after cleaning up.
    -Ned

Sounds like that had the potential to cause YOU real harm. Glad you are OK. Camera too.

well I did get a few scrapes...

man did those smart when I showered. Yeouch was the mildest I said at that point...

and here's the filter...
    -Ned

Camera banged up: Bummer.

You banged up: Much bigger bummer. Glad it wasn't worse...those falls can mess you up. Just ask Ken Fitzgerald or Dale Johnson or me.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Camera banged up: Bummer.

You banged up: Much bigger bummer. Glad it wasn't worse...those falls can mess you up. Just ask Ken Fitzgerald or Dale Johnson or me.
    yeah,
    The scrapes are just part of it, but I'm keeping things under control with tylenol.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    ... and my DSC went flying.
    Yeah, I can bet that you wouldn't be excited to have to ask the boss for a new camera. Though I would think that they would expect to turn over a certain number of their company cameras every year.

Hope the knee doesn't stiffen up on you overnight!
    best,
    ...art
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

I called my boss asap once I got back in the van, in case the camera was toast. As is, it seems fine. Her immediate response was for my safety, however. New camera if I needed one of course. I really won't even need a new UV filter, though I think I'll get one and keep this as a trophy.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    yeah,
    The scrapes are just part of it, but I'm keeping things under control with tylenol.
    I get pangs just looking at the pictures. Very happy it was not worse
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I could just see the faces of the work crew that decided well, its only sticking out of the ground a few inches, I dont think anyone would trip and get hurt, what do you guys think? should we reset them lower? (discussion of the work crew), Ok, so we all agree, its ok, lets break for lunch!

Ouch! It's been a long time since I don't get those (not that I want to), I used to wear quite a few of them in different healing stages due to trying to push my limits on my mountain bike. The worst one I got was a broken rib
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...