wiring a reversing switch

Paul Hubbman

i'm switching the motor on a Delta light duty shaper. It currently has a Craftsman 115 serial number motor on it (cap start, 1/2 hp) with shorted windings. I have a Craftsman 113.19053 emerson built motor to put on it (3/4hp cap start). I assumed i could reverse engineer it after i had the motors open, tracing each wire to make sure i connect them correctly, but the newer motor is a bit different on the inside - same basic parts, but the overload switch is wired differently, and none of the wires are numbered. They do have color coding. I'm looking for information on how to identify the wires and connect the reversing switch.
Thanks in advance,
Paul Hubbman

Hi Paul,

I read your request here (I had answered you on another forum about this too).

I have the manual/instructions for wiring a Craftsman #2018 reversing switch if that would help you. If so, I can scan this and send it to you in PDF format. It's seven pages.

Aloha, Tony

Paul, I am trying to post the reversing switch wiring diagrams. Please be patient with my lack of computer skills for a while. I'll get them all on here (or maybe I will need to go to a second post.

Well, it looks like it might work. There are 3 pages for the #2018 switch, 2 pages for the #2982 switch and 1 page for a FURNAS A14 switch.

Hope these will help you or maybe someone else.

Aloha Tony

Attachments

• reversing switch diagrams part 2.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 38
  • reversing switch diagrams part 3.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 19
  • reversing switch diagrams part 1a.pdf
    62.9 KB · Views: 18
  • reversing switch diagrams part 1b.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 7
  • reversing switch diagrams part 1c.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 12