new photo tent trials

Ron Journeau

Put my tent together tonite from plans on www, but quickly am learning that it takes more than a tent and some lights to take nice pics. Here are a few, critiques most certainly welcome, and always open to photo hints as well. Camera is HP photosmart 935, doesn't seem to have a macro setting, so its a hit and miss game. Thanks for looking..:dunno:

Attachments

• bowl1 (600 x 408).jpg
    bowl1 (600 x 408).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 18
  • bowl2(600 x 382).jpg
    bowl2(600 x 382).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 16
  • bowl4 (600 x 425).jpg
    bowl4 (600 x 425).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 17
  • bowl7 (600 x 418).jpg
    bowl7 (600 x 418).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 29
  • jug1 (600 x 450).jpg
    jug1 (600 x 450).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 24
With the exception of the fourth pic from the left (which seems a little out of focus), those came out nicely, Ron. As far as suggestions go, I'd say just try a range of settings on your camera (such as white balance and exposure compensation), and see which combinations look the most like the object you're photographing. Digital film is free. :thumb:

Ron, the photos look good to me. I would like to build a photo tent. Where on the www did you find the plans. PS, I like the tall vase, if you don't mind I am going to try one like that. :D

Wayne, by all means try out the jug from parallam, but watch out for the splinters as they tend to go deep for some unknown and cruel reason. The site I found for the tent is a small video, took me about 20 minutes to put together. Will try some more pics tonite with all the advice I have been getting from various sites..thanks

http://www.ignitecast.com/p/BpHT5mWNVq/

On another forum, some time back, someone said they used a laundry basket from Wal-Mart. About $5.00. Had a wicker frame and white cloth sides. Tip over, place lights on side, object inside and shoot.