Thread: Kinda bitter sweet tool shopping

Kinda bitter sweet tool shopping

Well I brought the first of what may be many loads of tools from Dad's shop home this weekend.

I brought home several staple & nail guns all Senco, the top left angle head 15 gauge nail gun I already had, I also already had a 18 gauge nail gun & a 18 Gauge Stapler. & a Stanley door hinge jig with a Schlage door boring jig for lock sets. 17 3/4" Pipe Clamps, A raised panel set for the shaper which will arrive at a later date. A torch set with tanks that were purchased years ago. Plus many little items.

Now I need to find room in my storage area for more tools.

Yes Frank Pellow I did find a place to put the Nail guns so you won't need to store them.

Also a little decoration for the shop.

If you count value of the tools monetarily the value is good because Dad gave them to me. But the cost of seeing my Dad no longer have a shop & only working around about 3-4 hours a day sorting out what to keep & what to get rid out of their combined possessions 50 year of stuff for each of them, they got married 7 years ago she is 88 & he is 85 in January & the rest of the time taking care of an invalid wife
    & the house keeping. Its really hard to watch I live 185 mile away so I can't get there real often.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 12-12-2006 at 12:39 AM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I can relate to the bittersweet aspect of taking your dad's tools...I did some of the same a couple months ago (including a pickup truck). On the plus side, they are going to continue being used, and I'm sure your dad appreciates that i9t's going to be you using them.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Bart...Vaughn nailed it. I'm sure your dad is happy YOU will be using the same tools he did. Use them well. They will be a comfort to you.

I'll just echo the others Bart. My dad just recently started giving me some of my grandfathers tools that was passed to him, and now to me....passing of the torch so to speak.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Bart, I am sure your Dad is happy that you will be using the tools. I hope that a famiuly member will want mine when I can no longer use them.

And Bart, I guess the dig about the nail guns, is that you remember that I don't like using them.
    Cheers, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow View Post
    Bart, I am sure your Dad is happy that you will be using the tools. I hope that a famiuly member will want mine when I can no longer use them.

And Bart, I guess the dig about the nail guns, is that you remember that I don't like using them.
    No Frank I didn't remember that you didn't like using them. Just the fact that the shop is so small I though you would think that I must surely be running out of room by now.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart