Thread: Most likely a new addition to our family

Rhode Island

Most likely a new addition to our family

She is a rescue dog from Arkansas due to all of the flooding they have had & needs a new home she is with a foster family about 1/2hr from my house & the foster family have 3 small kids & 3 other dogs she is very gentle & loves to play with the kids & the dogs.

Diamond is an 18 pound German Shepard mix girl who is about 6 months old (estimated date of birth is 1/1/08).

Diamond has been housetraining with no accidents, she knows sit and down commands, and she walks nicely on a leash. She's a super sweet girl; she gets along great with all other dogs. !

Diamond is up to date on vaccines, she dewormed, and she has been spayed. She's a great all around dog!

ABQ NM
    Good on ya, Chuck. She looks like a sweetie. We've got a "purebred yellow" dog with a lineage somewhat like Diamond' her with pretty low mileage from the Used Dog store, and she's been a pleasure to own. (She doesn't have that "new dog" smell anymore, though.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Les Coteaux,Quebec
    My guy loves his bone, and he loves to be near us..especially during thunder in bed with a favorite toy until the storm passes, then sheepishly back into the kitchen..ya gotta love it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blues(600 x 449).jpg  

Waterford, MI
    Very cool. Does she bark with a drawl?
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

Indianapolis area
    She looks and sounds like a winner Chuck. I'm sure your family will love having her as much as she will love being a part of your family.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Rhode Island
    Thanks guys, Click pic for full size.

This is a pic of Panda (black dog) a Chow/collie mix we had for 17 yrs I had to have her put down about 1-1/2 yrs ago That was the hardest thing to do I cried like a baby. The other one is a rescue dog Lexy she's a Shepard/Lab mix she was malnourished until we got her cause of her not getting a constant supply of food she is a runt but she has adopted us we've had her for 3 yrs now & is very much a part of our family./ We wanted a playmate for her & LOML found Diamond who is another rescue dog we just did the comp paperwork to adopt her I'll let you know how it comes out I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Very cool! Rescue dogs rock!! Can you tell I'm a little partial to rescue? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

She looks like a sweetheart! Who could resist that face!! Diamond looks like she'll be a great addition to your family.

We picked up Petey a few years ago. He's not the brightest bulb, but I've never had a more loving and gentle dog. (Chihuahua/border terrier mix)

Rhode Island
    I also would rather get a rescue dog cause mix breeds don't have the health issues that pure breeds have also they do appreciate giving them a home or should I say they allow you to live in their home.