Thread: A refurbed small bronze router plane

A refurbed small bronze router plane

Besides the 605 I refurbed, I also cleaned up a small bronze router plane that I picked up two weeks ago. Here's what it used to look like:

And here it is after I cleaned it up and turned (2) new bubinga handles for it.

I still need to get a new blade for it, or find an old Allen wrench I can grind down.

Thanks for viewing

See ya around,
    Dominic
    See ya around,
    Dominic

A refurbed small bronze router plane

Eh, Domi, (if I may call you that?)

You do nice work paizan. This and the other post with the two planes you did show some great love for the craft. I've got a couple I have to get to someday and I will post them when I do.

You keep up the good work my friend.

(Oh, BTW, my brother-in-law (Sicilian, like me too) was a Greco, too. Great guy. I miss him and his fantastic spaghetti and wine)

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

"Dom" is fine. That's what everyoen calls me. "Domi",...(in my best "Borat" voice) not so much! :>)

Thanks for the compliments paizan!

I'm not so good with spaghetti. But you should taste my bread! It's my grandmother's recipe (she was Abruzzi and could COOK!).
    See ya around,
    Dominic

Beautiful.

Beautiful Dominic.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great job Dominic! So is a router plane typically pushed? It appears to be judging from the relation of where the blade is to the largest part of the plate.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 08-09-2008 at 03:22 PM.
    Darren

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

Both pushed and pulled

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Great job Dominic! So is a router plane typically pushed? It appears to be judging from the relation of where the blade is to the largest part of the plate.
    Thanks for the complement!

To answer your question: it's both pushed and pulled. It depends on your preference and the kind of cut you're making. The blade can be installed out board (like a bull nose) so you can get into tight corners, or inboard for more support.
    See ya around,
    Dominic

That came out looking great, Dom. Nice job, and now that plane is ready for another hundred years or so of use.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com