Photo from this afternoon

Jeff Horton

Thought I would share this. Took this this afternoon off Hobbs Island. It's hard to tell but Tabatha, one of the ones I was paddling with, is laying back on the deck of her boat resting. Don't know how she does that!!

sunset-hobbs-island2.jpg

mr Horton, its funny how besides up in maine on the ocean, I never really noticed kayaks before. I was in BJ's last night, they had 4 different plastic kayaks, and today, I drove over to the Nautical Mile in Freeport LI, just a long canal with boats and bars, restaurants, pubs, and I was suprised how many kayakers were paddling down the canal, all ages, alot of seniors also.

Great pic, Jeff. :thumb:

...But it funny how when something gains your attention you notice ______ all around you.

This always seems to be the case whenever I buy a new vehicle. As soon as I own it, I start seeing many more of them on the streets than I did before.

my daughter told me today that she used to go kayaking around here in Long Beach with her ex boyfriend and his dad all the time, after I made the comment about the kayaks on the canal. Something I never knew about her, she told me it takes alot of upper body strength.Ive done alot of canoeing, but feel a bit frightened of a kayak, since Im not a great swimmer, and Im a big boy, although I see the plastic kayaks hold anywhere up to and way above 300 lbs.
Nice pic.

Once you get in the boat, you sit so low (most) are very stable. Some really small and narrow one's aren't but they are the majority.

I don't have a lot of strength and I paddle just fine. Now if you going to race or keep the speed up all the time, yea it would.