big old arn - great deal

Where is the Jaw on the floor icon?? If I had the cash I would buy it sight unseen!

MUST RESIST! I have hit reply button and closed it. Someone close should jump on that. Unless they are just trashed you can make money on this given a few months.

Last edited:
If I weren't so far away, I would try get together with some of you to raise the money and afterwards sort out the machines, they are sold a a whole, but doesn't mean that the buyer has to be only one.

One of you may want the saw, another the planner and so forth, so the word is cooperation and communication, and this forum is full of people wanting/needing more tools. Don't you think so?

For me it's more a matter of shop size and available space than it is the money. I know you could turn some serious green by selling off what you didn't wish to keep.
paulh

Thats why I backed off. I have the shop space but till I moved a few of them on to new homes my shop would crammed. No woodworking! Otherwise I would have been on my way to St Lou tomorrow! There is a couple of those I would really like to have. Know people that would buy the others. Just might take several months to get them moved off to their new owners.

Last edited:
Where is the Jaw on the floor icon?? If I had the cash I would buy it sight unseen!

MUST RESIST! I have hit reply button and closed it. Someone close should jump on that. Unless they are just trashed you can make money on this given a few months.

Could be. The pictures are pretty fuzzy. But, one shows what could be an old Craftsman or similar. Another seems to show some honkin' big lathe along the wall.

I am betting they had numerous people wanting them. The huge double disk sander alone would bring what they are asking. Any of the Oliver stuff was worth that much alone too. For an old Iron guy or commercial shop, that was the bargain of the Century.

If I had the storage space I would have been begging the guys to let me have it! Seriously begging! I don't know if that Bandsaw would clear my ceiling height? It would have been close. But the rest of that stuff it big and would have taken up all my shop space and I am more interested in woodworking than making money on them.

Hope they went to a good home.

Once the add was pulled it came up on OWWM. Rumor has it 4 hours after posting the replies were coming back it was all sold. Not the least bit surprised either. Major "you suck" for someone!!

Paul, no such luck. As Jeff indicated, it went very quickly and being that we are on the west coast, we just were not able to put the deal together fast enough. We should have just paypaled a deposit and headed out. I have a friend in the biz of buying and selling equipment that I alerted to the deal and he is the one that would have purchased...I just might have gone along for the drive....ah well, next time.

Doug