Bummer from Rockler, but not their fault

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Got a package from Rockler today - something I've wanted for a while but did not want to ship just one item. BUT! The recent "free shipping" offer was all I needed to prompt me to part with a few bucks for the miter gauge track I will use in the router table I might be building someday!:rofl:

Unfortunately, the boys at Brown must have either missed their morning coffee or stopped taking their meds because this is the way my miter track arrived.
DSC_2543.jpg DSC_2544.jpg DSC_2545.jpg
Kinda looks like a Mark Rios avatar!:eek::eek::eek::huh: Now, I just can't figure out how to put this to good use.:rofl:
I emailed the pictures to the Rockler customer service people..... just waiting for the reply.

Rennie, some people are just too picky. Couldn't you use that one to cut the curved stuff? From my experience with Rockler they will make it right toot-sweet.

Actually, it's not damage in shipping - it's a product feature to allow you to route curved work. You need to buy different guides for different curves. There's a whole set of accessories for the thing.

:):):)

Mike

Rennie, some people are just too picky. Couldn't you use that one to cut the curved stuff? From my experience with Rockler they will make it right toot-sweet.

Actually, it's not damage in shipping - it's a product feature to allow you to route curved work. You need to buy different guides for different curves. There's a whole set of accessories for the thing.

:):):)

Mike
Ahhh, I see great minds think alike :rofl::rofl:

WOW!!! That was fast!!:eek: I just got this email from Rockler. What fantastic service!!!!!!!!! :D:thumb::thumb:

I am sorry for the condition of your package. I am having a new miter track sent to you right away. There is no need to return the damaged one.

Seems to me that's how it got this way in the first place. :D:rofl:
Well, he'd have to run the truck in reverse, silly!

Since you're getting a new one, looks like you can have your regular router table, and capitalize on the new curved track features Mike was talking about, too.

You guys are all givin' him a load of grief, but you just watch out. He's gonna come up with a ~~~rocking~~~ good use for that bent one, you just watch. You'll be ~~~bowed~~~ over by his ingenuity.

(Subliminal messages included)

You guys are all givin' him a load of grief, but you just watch out. He's gonna come up with a ~~~rocking~~~ good use for that bent one, you just watch. You'll be ~~~bowed~~~ over by his ingenuity.

Yup! He's in Idaho. He's got a lot of time on his hands. He'll figure something out just to make some folks eat crow. Huh, Rennie!

Any good short sections? Maybe you can salvage some of it for a little jig here or there...

Hmmmm.... Possibilities :thumb:

Too bad I'm not still at my old job. We had a 100,000ton press I could have flattened it on.

I have a 6,000 lb pick-up. Would that work? :D

You're throwing me a curve. :rofl:

Yup! He's in Idaho. He's got a lot of time on his hands. He'll figure something out just to make some folks eat crow. Huh, Rennie!

If you think I have time on my hands you haven't been reading my other threads. :eek::rofl:

Thats it a jump ramp like the British aircraft carriers have.

A jump ramp for crows.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're a raven lunatic. :rofl::rofl:

Hi Rennie.

I'm glad that everything was sorted out satisfactorily. Rockler response was quick and what one should expect from a dealer, not like the answers that many people get here in my country.