The Mire Mansion

it was definitely a labor of love. [/QUOTE]

Understatement! your talent is so well shown in your house :thumb: Congratulations on it and enjoy it for a lifetime

Tom

tom, thank you, i appreciate the compliment

tony, thanks a bunch, i am very proud. amazed that i was able to pull some of it off, but very glad now that i took the chance and tried some new things.

royall, yes she does like it very much. the bamboo came out to about the same for me, 196 a sht of 3/4. but the cool thing is, since it is all bamboo and because of the way they construct the plywood, you can use it for everything, frames, doors, cases drawer fronts. that comes out to about 6.25 a bdft if you look at it that way. and you have the choice of edgebanding or not, personally i love the look of the end grain. i found it very easy to work with, machined just like wood. i made sure i used brand new blades for almost all of it. but even when i made some non critical cuts with semi new blades the results were still good. just be careful with pocket screws, it depends on the orientation of the plys, sometimes it will split.

yes darren they are. very cost effective, but quite cold on the feet. but i guess tile wouldn't be any better. we plan to cover them one day down the road once the kids have destroyed them :D