Five Barns

Ned Bulken

Well,
Mark and I had a few missed turns on the way south, but we rolled in to the party around 17:00 Friday afternoon. I had the great pleasure of finally meeting Jim Delaney and his lovely wife Mida, as well as Bill & Nettie Turpin and Mark Pruitt.It was great to see Don Orr and his lovely wife Barbara again. A few other notable attendees were Dominic Greco, Steve Antonucci, Ron Sardo, Doug Thompson (thanks for the T-shirt Doug!) and Bill Hylton of 'Router Magic' and 'Woodworking with the Router' fame. We had a super time all weekend, and Bill estimated that there were about 85 or so folks there Saturday , as well as some who were there on Friday.

I left my camera at home, but here are a few posts over on woodcentral covering the event...

5 Barns photos

Dom shared this thread:
Dom's 5 barns shots

It was Hot there all weekend. We all managed to stay hydrated however, there were many coolers and such iced down and filled with various beverages from water to barley pops and even some hard cider in several varietes (ever hear of Pear Cider? me either)

Plenty of food and I don't know about everyone else, but I for one had an incredible time and cannot wait to go to next year's Picnic.

Looks like a great time, Ned. I wish it wasn't on the other side of the coutry from me...I'd like to go someday.

Looks like a wonderful time. Once again, I missed Bill's gathering - though this time due to scheduling conflicts versus health. Everyone that has gone has always had a great time.:thumb: Maybe next year - of course I'm a Cubs fan so you get the picture.:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the links Ned!

Wes

Looks like a wonderful time. Once again, I missed Bill's gathering - though this time due to scheduling conflicts versus health. Everyone that has gone has always had a great time.:thumb: Maybe next year - of course I'm a Cubs fan so you get the picture.:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the links Ned!

Wes

Glad to share, hope to see you there next summer!

As for the Boys of Summer, I think your cubbies may have a chance, but I will stick with my Mets and see you in the playoffs.

No one on this forum is going to believe you if you claim that that is the only camera in your household. :wave: :rofl:

....art

ps: well, okay, maybe if you're really convincing...

Oh I've got cameras, but they're not digital, unless you count my cellphone one... but seriously, I did forget it until Mark and I were well on our way down the highway. At that point it was too late to turn back.