New member in Mississippi

Don Baron

Good evening everyone. It looks like you have a nice site, and I look forward to spending some time here. Hopefully I can contribute something usefull, while I am getting lots of imformation from everyone.

Welcome to the Family Don!:wave::wave: I think you will like it here--nice people and good info.:thumb: Sometimes you have to watch those people on the spinney side; seems they just go round and round.:rofl::rofl: (That's my feeble attempt at humor for the week.)

Going round and round as we speak. :bonkers:

Welcome Don! What types of projects do you involve yourself with?
Please feel free to add a picture or two so we can see what you have been up to.

Thanks for the welcome

I don't have any on particular style or type of project that I stick to. I have built several wine racks, tea boxes, a book stand, bandsaw boxes, and several small turnings. Basicly, whatever strikes me as an interesting project, or something off the wife's list. I just moved across town last year, so I am still trying to organize my shop. My current project is a new workbench. My current bench is just a couple of 2x4 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood on 2x4's, with a poorly installed (my fault) 6 inch face vice. I am building the English bench out of Chris Schwarz's workbench book. I will try to get some photo's out soon. I have the legs assembled, and the aprons temporarily clamped on. I need to flatten and plane the top next. It has been a great project so far and I am really enjoying building it.

Thanks Don. I totally agree about checking items off the Honey Do list. The others sound interesting too, but what caught my attention was your plans for Chris Schwarz's English workbench. That is a beautiful book with some excellent plans. Best wishes with it.