We are being published

Steve Ash

Well our tractors are....

A writer from Canada (Scott Garvey) contacted me about a year ago wanting to know about some of our antique restorations. I told him that it was mostly my dad but the whole family helped in different areas.

I got a email a couple of days ago that two of our tractors will be in his book, there is around 40-50 stories from different enthusiasts around the world that will be in this book. I am gonna enjoy giving my dad a copy of this book for christmas.

Here is the books cover picture.....and it will be sold at Barnes and Noble

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=Tractor+in+Haystack

as well as Tractor Supply Co. stores.

9780760332955sm.jpg

Very cool Steve. My son is a BIG tractor fan. We may have to read those stories for bedtime - good dream material! In fact we'll be going to the 18th Annual John Deere Show at Rough and Tumble in Kinzers, PA tomorrow.

Congratulations on being included in the book - and thanks for the heads-up. It's on my list to buy. Are you and your Dad autographing copies?!:thumb:

Wes

Steve, congratulations, will look for it at TSC, expect it will be cheaper there than at B&N!!:rofl::dunno::huh:
No good deed goes unpunished. But when I read the title, thought you were going to say the "Old Iron Calendar".

Very cool Steve. My son is a BIG tractor fan. We may have to read those stories for bedtime - good dream material! In fact we'll be going to the 18th Annual John Deere Show at Rough and Tumble in Kinzers, PA tomorrow.

Congratulations on being included in the book - and thanks for the heads-up. It's on my list to buy. Are you and your Dad autographing copies?!:thumb:

Wes

Have fun at the show, maybe you can post some pictures of it?

If you would like our oil and grease smudged signatures, we'd be happy to oblige.

you said!

i was charmed i think not! your way above me in every way boss:thumb:congrats on your new career change:D hey frank contact steve maybe he can help you out in the publishing department.

Congrats Steve! I know someone that was published in a similar way, but the book was about old barns and the restoration of them....great ideas for books. I will look for it at TS too...gives me another reason to go there!

More Celebrities here every day, Larry the travel guy gets spotted in a woodworking store in Washington , And the Ash family gets published on items they cherrish and have restored to the point of perfection and publication. :thumb: Congrats Steve to you, your dad and family.

Tom

Steve,
I finally got a few pictures from LOML's computer. The show was fun and Sam had a great time - especially during the parade of tractors!:D There were a lot of fine machines at the show, some of which are in the pictures.
jd show line up.jpg
I am always astounded at how many restored tractors come out for these shows. Restoring a car is one thing, but a tractor needs so much more investment in infrastructure than a car (trucks, trailers,barn etc.) and the dedication to finish on top of that!

Sam taking a picture of a Gator - with his JD hat on of course.
jd show sam and gator.jpg
Sam taking a picture on Mom with a cool tractor.
jd show sam and mom.jpg
Wes
PS I hope to find a bit of time this weekend to really explore the tractor site - with Sam naturally.:thumb:

Good pictures of some nice tractors Wes. Looks like Sam was having a good time.

We'll be looking forward to you on the tractor site.:thumb: