What kind of tree is this?

Jakab Szilard

A tree collapsed near us because of the huge rain in the days.
I managed to obtain 3 metre pieces from him, but I cannot really confirm the its identity, what kind of tree this?
album_picm.php

album_picm.php

This foliage of his and his letter:
album_picm.php

album_picm.php

Please, help me!

Bye: Shiva72

Jakab is from Hungary.

hackberry-Celtis-occidentalis.jpg
tree.gif

Hackberry (Celtis occidentalis) is a small to medium-sized tree with alternate, simple, leaves 2 to 5 inches long. Leaves are ovate, with acuminate tips and a cordate, inequilateral base. Leaf margins are serrate and may be somewhat pubescent (hairy) below.

Hackberry and Sugarberry the Louisiana version have a fleshy, globose drupe, 1/4 to 3/8 inch in diameter, turning reddish to dark purple when ripe and edible.

The Hackberry twigs are characteristically zigzaggy with no terminal bud.

Hackberry have distinct gray or light brown bark, smooth with corky "warts" or ridges.

Jakob,

Don't have a clue what type it is but it looks like others have given you a good idea. The thing I wanted to mention, though, is to be careful what you use it for. I can't tell about all three pieces but the one piece where you can definitely see the growth rings is probably a horizontal branch given the extreme off centerness of the pith. That will probably translate to some signifiant stress wood that is likely to move a lot when you cut it up. :huh::dunno: