My Vacation Haul

Stuart Ablett

I recently went to Canada for ten days (did you miss me? :D)

Here is my haul from the trip.........

trip_haul.jpg

Lots of stuff, but mainly the Super Nova 2 chuck, and the Drill Doctor 350X.

The SN2 rounds out my chuck line up. I caught a sale, 25% off and they threw in the insert, no shipping........... maybe I should have bought two :huh:

nova_chucks.jpg

and with the Escoulen counter balanced chuck, I should be good to go for a while. :D
all_chucks.jpg

I also got some carriage bolts, and two of the PicQuic screw drivers, I really like these drivers. That is two of the "Multique" drivers, made in Canada too eh :D I have one of the original SixPacks, bought it in 1988 or so.

The Nova Wrench is something I've been trying to get, but most of the usual online places do not carry it, or, if they do, they seem to be out of stock all the time :dunno:

The Putty Epoxy stuff I can get here, but it is about 3 times more expensive here.The stepped drill bits, my dad gave me, he bought them, but never used them, so I got them, thanks dad! He also bought me the Drill Doctor, much to my surprise, I did have to sharpen all of his old drill bits :D

Not a bad haul, I could have bought a lot more, but I decided to not spend the money, the trip it self was NOT cheap, but worth it.

Cheers!

Nice haul Stu. Do they not sell carriage bolts in Tokyo? You'll be happy with the Drill Doctor. I scored one on a Lowe's close out last year, has come in real handy.

Greast haul Stu. How was the weather? BTW there is a fellow in Shibuya I think that sells the Drill Doctor if by chance you are looking for any accessories. His Yahoo Auction store is http://openuser.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/user/boekibu

Carriage bolts eh! In my experience some common hardware items can be difficult to find in Japan. A couple of months back I was looking at ordering online some peg board pegs - no one sells them. But walk into Tokyu Hands in Ginza and they got peg board all over the place. They're using tie wraps on it though. :doh: