Roofing Question

Tom Williams

My shop roof is a low pitch, about 2 in 12 to 2 1/2 in 12. It currently has a rubber roof that was laid over OSB and the rubber has not stuck to the OSB well. Also, the rubber roof is ugly. The shop is attached to the back of the house. I want to install a new roof and I was thinking of laying shingles over the top of the rubber roof. Any thoughts on this?

low roof pitch

I wouldnt use shingles on anything under 3/12 and then only if it was protected with ice and water shield.

But you can use an ashpalt roll roofing called "half lap" which is a rolled roofing product that has granules on the lower portion and a nail/cement down strip for the top half.

Well I hope I'm not hijacking this thread too far, but within the next week or so I need put something on a 4'x6' totally flat roof on a dog house. I was thinking of using some leftover roll of ice dam then getting some roll roofing over that. Hopefully I can find a damaged bargain roll for the small amount I need. This is over a 3/4 MDO roof with wood "drip edge" on the ply edges. OK? Or should I be looking at metal or rubber for this too?