Thread: Just had a Doh moment

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel

Just had a Doh moment

One of today's tasks is to get the doors fleshed out for the shop... only problem is the main doorway is 97 1/2" tall... since I forgot to cut down the studs when I framed out the doorway, it is an 8' stud tall plus the now cut away sill plate.

I've decided that I'm simply going to nail a replacement plate at the top of the doorway and have 8' tall doors. Do i need them? Nope, but it will be nice to be able to open them up and have all that natural light in the shop.

Oak Harbor Washington on Whidbey Island
    Ned you just need to quit connecting all Doh moments together & this project will get finished much sooner. But WE are learning from all DOH moments. Thank you.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    I'm ' ' that close. I just had a scare up on the ladder so I'm taking a ten minute or so break for heebie jeebies.

photos over in the main thread.

Actually, I would have thought the DOH moment is when the rough framing is too small! It can always be made a bit smaller - but bigger is an issue!

new york city burbs
    I had to move my pancake compressor away from its regular spot, so I built a simple shelf to hold it, and to also store the mitre saw when not in use.
    I know I measured them both 3 times and allowed a bit of clearance so I dont scrape up my hands when lifting them up.
    ONly problem was I forget to measure the mitre saw from the back, where the handles were a few inches wider. It fits, but I sort of have to give it a good shove, like I used to with my first car, a 64 pontiac bonneville.