I find the darndest things!

Jeff Horton

Doing a Home Inspection today. See what I assume it water stain on the ceiling in the second floor thought it doesn't look like a typical water stain. Put the moisture meter up against it and it goes through the ceiling. :huh:

Get out a screw driver and start poking around and find a big hole and surprise behind it. Actually a big surprise.

Can any tell what it is? I know the photo isn't super clear.

101_4166.jpg

possibly a hornets nest Jeff ??

BINGO! At least that is what it looks like to me. I am assuming they ate/removed the paper backing and the gypsum and just left the paint. We noticed something big coming out from under the dormer that was in the wasp or hornet family a couple of times. No access to this area so I think there is still something alive in there. Time to call some exterminators! I did my job! :)

be careful. i was stung by a wasp last week at the top of a ladder...on the back of my left hand. i didn't think anything of it until it later swelled up and turned red. it took four or five days for the swelling to go down.

the internet suggests putting a paste made up of meat tenderizer on a sting asap. i waited too long. but....don't laugh....the thing that did work was preparation H...my wife had a few clever comments when i told her...sorry, can't repeat them in polite company.