Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did I say something? :confused:

Did I say something? :confused:

The other day our dishwasher was closed and the 'done' light was on. This means a recent load was finished inside. So, I put some plates and things on the counter above the washer. Later, my wife informed that there was no sign on the washer that said "Only Edna unloads dishwasher". Hearing that, I took pity on her and said, "Oh, OK, I'll make you a sign." She started acting real strange. Stomping, mumbling something about "men", throwing a dishtowel, giving me strange looks, etc.
    Wimmins, they don't 'preciate nutin'. I said I would make her a nice sign.

hahah!!

That one hits home for me especially because my wife HAS a sign that says "dirty" or "clean" - and we have an understanding that i do the laundry (but don't fold it... that's just crazy) and she does the dishes (but doesn't load it alone). So far, she still lets me think that's fair.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Beam View Post
    ...and she does the dishes (but doesn't load it alone).
    No point in having her load the dishwasher: you know she's gonna wash everything before she puts it in.
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    No point in having her load the dishwasher: you know she's gonna wash everything before she puts it in.
    Heh ... that was the excuse i used when we had our OLD dishwasher. But I stupidly bought her one of those mega dishwashers that takes chrome of a car bumper with a drop of soap and some lukewarm water.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

I guess I am the exception here. I always unload the dishwasher if I have loaded it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    Frank tell her you will unload it while she mows the lawn

Yeah ...Then, ask her if she needs a sign for that too!
    Then duck!!!!!! or run for cover as fast as you can!!!
    Donít have the best tools, don't use the best woods and projects donít always turnout perfeck.
    I just feel the need to work with wood!

Frank, you might want to watch your back for a few days. Beware of flying frying pans.

We always load our own dishes in the dishwasher, and do a pretty good job of sharing the unloading duties. Whoever gets to it first unloads it. We usually run the dishwasher at night while we're asleep, and since I'm always up later than she is, I'm the one who starts it most of the time. We do have an ongoing debate about how it should be loaded, but it's more of a chain-yanking than an actual disagreement.

And laundry? If I want clean clothes, I have to wash them. It's been that way since I was about 9 or 10 years old, so it doesn't bug me now.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    The other day our dishwasher was closed and the 'done' light was on. This means a recent load was finished inside. So, I put some plates and things on the counter above the washer. Later, my wife informed that there was no sign on the washer that said "Only Edna unloads dishwasher". Hearing that, I took pity on her and said, "Oh, OK, I'll make you a sign." She started acting real strange. Stomping, mumbling something about "men", throwing a dishtowel, giving me strange looks, etc.
    Wimmins, they don't 'preciate nutin'. I said I would make her a nice sign.
    Frank,
    I think I married her sister........
    I usually don't unload, and I don't mow the lawn.
    Ted

That's pretty funny.

Actually, we are pretty cooperative. But, I do enjoy the zingers occasionally. There are a couple things that will never change though. My wife is convinced that men are physically incapable of replacing a toilet paper roll on the dispenser. She complains everytime I leave a new roll just setting on top. Am I going to replace properly? Ye gotta be soft to believe I might someday.
    BTW, I do my own laundry. Don't recall how that got started but I'm OK with it. There are certain things I like certain ways.
    Will I unload the dishwasher? Dunno. Maybe but I'll have to ease into it so it won't look like she 'won' that battle.
    Wonder wat the next 43 years are going to be like?