Did I say something? :confused:

Frank Fusco

The other day our dishwasher was closed and the 'done' light was on. This means a recent load was finished inside. So, I put some plates and things on the counter above the washer. Later, my wife informed that there was no sign on the washer that said "Only Edna unloads dishwasher". Hearing that, I took pity on her and said, "Oh, OK, I'll make you a sign." She started acting real strange. Stomping, mumbling something about "men", throwing a dishtowel, giving me strange looks, etc.
Wimmins, they don't 'preciate nutin'. I said I would make her a nice sign.

hahah!!

That one hits home for me especially because my wife HAS a sign that says "dirty" or "clean" - and we have an understanding that i do the laundry (but don't fold it... that's just crazy) and she does the dishes (but doesn't load it alone). So far, she still lets me think that's fair.

No point in having her load the dishwasher: you know she's gonna wash everything before she puts it in. :doh:

Heh ... that was the excuse i used when we had our OLD dishwasher. But I stupidly bought her one of those mega dishwashers that takes chrome of a car bumper with a drop of soap and some lukewarm water. :thumb:

Frank, you might want to watch your back for a few days. :p Beware of flying frying pans.

We always load our own dishes in the dishwasher, and do a pretty good job of sharing the unloading duties. Whoever gets to it first unloads it. We usually run the dishwasher at night while we're asleep, and since I'm always up later than she is, I'm the one who starts it most of the time. We do have an ongoing debate about how it should be loaded, but it's more of a chain-yanking than an actual disagreement.

And laundry? If I want clean clothes, I have to wash them. It's been that way since I was about 9 or 10 years old, so it doesn't bug me now. ;)

The other day our dishwasher was closed and the 'done' light was on. This means a recent load was finished inside. So, I put some plates and things on the counter above the washer. Later, my wife informed that there was no sign on the washer that said "Only Edna unloads dishwasher". Hearing that, I took pity on her and said, "Oh, OK, I'll make you a sign." She started acting real strange. Stomping, mumbling something about "men", throwing a dishtowel, giving me strange looks, etc.
Wimmins, they don't 'preciate nutin'. I said I would make her a nice sign.

Frank,
I think I married her sister........:rofl:
I usually don't unload, and I don't mow the lawn.:p
Ted

Actually, we are pretty cooperative. But, I do enjoy the zingers occasionally. There are a couple things that will never change though. My wife is convinced that men are physically incapable of replacing a toilet paper roll on the dispenser. She complains everytime I leave a new roll just setting on top. Am I going to replace properly? Ye gotta be soft to believe I might someday. :rolleyes:
BTW, I do my own laundry. Don't recall how that got started but I'm OK with it. There are certain things I like certain ways.
Will I unload the dishwasher? Dunno. Maybe but I'll have to ease into it so it won't look like she 'won' that battle. :rofl:
Wonder wat the next 43 years are going to be like? ;)

My wife is convinced that men are physically incapable of replacing a toilet paper roll on the dispenser. She complains everytime I leave a new roll just setting on top.

Personally it sounds like you need to compromise. Just re-invent the wheel Frank, make the roll holder a little shelf with a dowel sticking up that you can just set the roll on to. :D

youve all got the wrong approach.

always offer, dont even use words, just get up and do it.
More often than not, youll get the response, oh, dont worry, youve had a tuff day, Ill take care of it later.
Its a win win deal.

disagreeeee!

youve all got the wrong approach.

always offer, dont even use words, just get up and do it.
More often than not, youll get the response, oh, dont worry, youve had a tuff day, Ill take care of it later.
Its a win win deal.

i have seen that approach fail big time allen, have a daughter that used it and the poor guy has to ask permision to set down for anything....thats pushin independence a touch to far:eek: the old school ways of SUBMISSION was meant for the ladies right..???? (i ducked):D frank you been at it long enough to know that you arent gonna win on the TP holder or anything else just go to the shop and hide:rofl:

taking out the trash pails or cleaning up something, isnt really a chore for me, and Id much rather have a happy wife around me anytime then an unhappy one when Im around her.
I figure she put up with me for 30 years, she deserves anything or any services I can offer.

I have to laugh about the Toilet paper comment.

I can walk into EVERY bathroom in the house and find the TP sitting on the floor next to the toilet. Sometimes the roll is almost gone by the time I arrive, so it's been there a while.

My wife still zings me about men and the TP despite that. . .

Jim

Hmmmmmmm, I gave my wife a dishwasher one Christmas for a present, hooked it up the next Christmas for her present then (did buy something, I'm not all that much of a jerk, REALLY I'M NOT!!). She asked me to quit putting the toilet paper on the TP holder, "REALLY, HONEST INJUN". Little psychology, I always put it on backwards and stated I liked it that way, she hated it so it is easier to just put it on rather than have to take if off to put on correctly. Don't ask me why I play these games. I clean the stalls in the barn and spread the manure in the fields. I shoot and clean the hogs at butchering time, she cleans and folds the laundry and takes care of the dishes.