Thin boards glue-up

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

Disclaimer
This idea is not mine, I saw it in a book and just modified it a little bit

Claimer
I swear that I took the pictures myself :)

The idea might be good for all the "Boxers" here

This idea will work with thin boards up to 10mm (3/8").
First I experimented with 8mm (5/16") MDF and then, with 4mm (5/32") solid wood.

Regards
niki

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Niki, Niki, Niki...... as usual, a great, simple solution to a vexing problem. Now why couldn't you have posted this a couple of days ago, before I glued 5 pieces of 3/8" maple and two strips of walnut together. It would have been sooooo much simpler using your method. After much sanding, it came out ok but using the method you posted would have saved a lot of sanding.

Thanks, I'll enter this into the memory banks for future use.

Jim

We have got to get this guy published!

Niki, you could fill 3 books with all the stuff you've come up with and I'd buy every one of 'em. We have GOT to get you a book deal!

Any publishers out there? :D

Thank you so much for your kind words

Jim
I'm so sorry, I just found it in my files....well, I hope that the next time is will be easier for you.

Jason
No way that I'll sit to write a book....at least, not now that I'm still "young" (a week ago, I "entered into my 64th year on planet earth) :)

Darren
As I said, it's not my idea, I just modified it a little bit.

Regards
niki

Last edited:
When I read all the Threads in this forum, I think on it as a living book.
A book with great entusiasm and love for the Woodwork, and a big amount of great ideas, especially in the Jigs forum. Niki allways has many great ideas and solutions, which can be made with inexpensive materials. - Thank You, Niki