Family Woodworking Logo Contest - Time to Vote!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
The Family Woodworking forum is looking for a new logo. As this is a member-run forum, we feel it should display the work and creativity of our members. So we're asking our members to show their creativity and design a logo that reflects the forum's purpose, values, and goals. Entries should be submitted via the email address listed in the Requirements and Rules, and will be posted for a member-only poll following the contest's deadline date. The winner of the contest will receive a new Dewalt Rapid Load Drill/Driver Set, donated by one of our members. Entries will be accepted from August 2, 2008 through August 17, 2008. A member-only poll will be posted on August 22, 2008 and be available for voting through August 28, 2008. You must be a registered voting member to participate in the voting process. Please see the Requirements and Rules for more details.

Pete Simmons has graciously offered to donate a 4.25 x 4.25 tile mounted in a 5 x 5 Alder Frame with the new logo engraved on it for the winner of the contest. Shipping is included.

Thank You Pete!

My neither. Hi Travis,

You need to register as a voting member to access the page. To do this, open you user control panel, and under the Miscellaneous section, click on Group Memberships, which will open a page to enable the voting section.

-Gari

Good catch, Pete. Yep, they should say .org, but if anyone likes one of the entries that says says .com, they should go ahead and vote for it. Things like that can be changed after the poll ends.

I hope that whoever designed the logos with Frank Pellow's picture in them got his permission to use his image (unless Frank designed them:rolleyes:).
I thought of that, too. I don't know if Frank was consulted, but I'd say if either of those logos wins, and Frank does not want his picture included, we can hold a re-vote, and the maker of those logos can resubmit them with a replacement picture if they'd like.

I want to also add that any of these logos are subject to a bit of tweaking to clean things up if necessary. There have already been a few changes suggested, but out of fairness, I figure none of the entries should be "adjusted" until after the contest.

So...if you see a logo that's not perfect, but still like it, vote for it. We can clean up the imperfections when we finalize the logo.