Recent turnings

Shane Starnes

I said hello under the welcome section. Figured I would head over here and post a few turnings I have completed over the past few days.

I just ordered a photo tent, tripod and light kit so don't yell too loud over the picture quality.

All of these are finished with General Finishes Outdoor Oil and Beall Buff.

cedarhf.jpg
8/4 cedar scrap glue up. Started out with a flared opening but I broke it off while hollowing. Was gonna make a base for it but...

cedarvase.jpg
Cedar inside out vase

nehf.jpg
Natural edge HF. I'm not sure what the wood is. I found it on the road and loaded it up. I think it may be bradford pear but I cant be sure.

Thanks for looking.

Okay I tried to fix the pics but all it did was make me feel brand new!! I resized them but I dont see a way to re attach them if I delete them?

Last edited:
Shane - Welcome to the Family! Very nice variety of turnings and all of them are keepers! Am partial to the NE hollow form - great finish and a nice job keeping all the bark! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I have been looking at all your work and hearing positive comments from y'all is very encouraging.

Wayne,
Don't worry I am as addicted as one can get. I promise there will be more!