Drill Doctor 350X

Stuart Ablett

I got one of these machines when I was in Canada, well actually, I was going to buy it, and then my dear old dad decided to buy it for me, thanks Dad! :thumb:

drill_doctor_350x.jpg

I've been meaning to buy one of these for a LONG time, and now I have one, and I have a pile of drill bits to sharpen.....:D

I had to sharpen all of my dad's bits while I was in Canada as well, which was fine with me, I got to practice on his bits ;) :rofl::rofl:

Here is a fairly large bit, maybe around 10 mm or so, it had a bad chip in it....

drillbit_chipped.jpg

I did some sharpening by had on the regular grinder, just to save time, but the final sharpening on the Drill Doctor, boy does this thing work...........

drillbit_sharp.jpg

....... lousy pic, I know, hard to take pics of such a thing.

I have a LOT of drill bits to sharpen, except for the really small sizes, I don't think I'll be buying any drill bits for a long long time :thumb:

Cheers!

Nice review Stu! The DD is worth every penny. I've got a ton of machinist drill bits my dad got at auction years ago. Been going through and sharpening those as time permits. I don't think I've bought a bit in the last couple of years since I got my DD.

I've had a Drill Doctor now for several years, and I sure like mine. I've acquired lots of old bits via hand-me-downs or inheritance, and have gotten into the habit of sharpening the old bits as I use them.