Thread: S&D PVC Pipe?

S&D PVC Pipe?

Are theere different grades of S&D pipe? Just wondering as I just picked some up and was suprised by the thickness of it. It say sch 30 on it, but I was sure I have seen thinner stuff used for dc systems on here. Either way it is much better flow(less leaks)then the stove pipe that I was useing.

I don't know if there are different grades, but is yours also labeled 2729? That's normally what is used for DC ducting.
    Cody

What you want is the S&D 2729 that Cody mentioned. Harder to find. It is white in color, and the wall thickness is 1/10". Next up is the green SDR35 or S&D 3034 (IIRC). It is thicker walled, green in color, but uses the same fittings as the 2729. Easier to find, but heavier, and that green....Well, there's always the plastic spray paint! I've not heard of schedule 30. Maybe it's close to the same as the 3034? What fittings does it use? If the same as schedule 40, I'd think it would be thicker walled than the 3034. I'd post a link to a place that has the pipe, but I killed my computer, and am just getting it back together tonight. I fact, this is the first forum thread I've read! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

There's also solid versus foam core. Schedule 30 is a special 3.25-inch outside diameter pipe which has a thinner wall than Schedule 40 DWV and is intended to fit within a 2 x 4 stud wall.

Kevin

foam filled

allen like they have said there is foam filled S&D out there and its white, i used it and i also had some of the scd 30 solide wall stuff.. had fitting readily available in the box stores or a good hardware in my parts..they do have green outt here but you can get white in the right places...but hey greeen is in right now so you could be in fashion the foam filled stuff is strong and lighter than the solid pvc type..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I am not sure of the fittings, but they are white and marked s&d. Will get some more info in a few. Just waiting for dinner to settle.

Ok, it is labled 6" CRESLINE PVC type PSM 35 SEWER PIPE PVC 12454-8 ASTM D 3034 PPFA 0508212M4S.