I got an Asturo HVLP mini-gun a couple weeks ago, and finally had a chance to try it out this past week. This is a piece of (just barely) ambrosia maple, about 11" x 2 1/2". Finish is three colors of TransTint dye, followed by a seal coat of spray-can dewaxed shellac, then about 8 coats or so of Ultima Spray Lacquer (USL) from Target Finishes. So far, I really like this stuff. USL is water-based, but it has 100% burn-in, so each layer melts nicely into the previous one. I still need to rub it out and buff it, but I need to wait a week or so. Figured I'd post a sneak preview, and if I get decent pics after it's shined up, I'll post those, too.
I accidentally labeled the wood as sycamore with the woodburner, and I didn't want to sand it out, so now it says:
- Not -
(It's maple instead)
Comments, critiques, and opinions are all welcome.