Bandsaw Stuff Nearby

glenn bradley

I know a few folks here have the G0513X or it's cousins or big brothers. I was watching glue dry on a project and staring at the empty stretch of cleat near the band saw. I keep my blade changing goodies in a pile near the saw and never know what to do with the fence when I'm not using it.

Well, I'm waiting for the glue to skin over on another project anyway, so . . .

The DP table is handy for drilling angled dowel holes:

a-DP-angle.jpg

Add a cleat, a standoff and a piece of dowel:

b-boards-and-dowel.jpg

Drill some more holes for other items I like to have nearby and start the glue-up:

c-holes-and-glue.jpg

Hang him on the cleat:

d-on-the-cleat.jpg

And load him up (left some extra room in case I decide something else just has to be there):

e-loaded-no-finish.jpg

Now I just have to unload it, add a sealer coat, a small hook to hang my blade changing gloves from and I'll never have to search for that hex key or my little flashlight again . . . . (yeah, right).

Last edited:
Looks good, but what about the miter gauge and blades?
I have never used a miter gauge on a band saw. It rests comfortably, undisturbed behind something around here. :rolleyes: The blades hang two cleats up and just to the right within easy reach. I'm pretty blade specific on the BS just as on the TS. I change blades less as I learn to plan ahead more :D. Still having the tools and blades nearby is working so far.

Blade-stash.jpg

Nice solution, Glenn. I wish I had wall space for a cleat system.

I noticed your end wrench...I keep one handy by my saw, too. (When I use the quick-release blade tension lever, the locking nuts want to turn. The wrench prevents it.) I ended up sticking a pair of rare earth magnets to the wrench, and it stays stuck to the backside of the bandsaw, right next to the tension lever when I need it.

I have that bandsaw Glenn...and the same problem you had. I like your solution. Have to figure out where to hang it though...all wall space is currently accounted for.

Cheers.