Thread: Very small, itsy wixey gloat

Constantine, MI

Very small, itsy wixey gloat

I picked up the Wixey digital angle at Woodcraft last week - on sale. (Sorry, no pictures yet) I've been really busy finishing off the room that I removed the popcorn ceiling from, so all I've been able to do is play with it for a few moments. So far, I'm impressed. I'm hoping that this will finally tell me where the problem with my jointer is - I suspect the tables are not exactly coplanar. If they are I know there's a screw loose on the operator.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Kansas City, Missouri
    Congrats on the Wixey Rennie. I got one a while back, really like it, has come in handy a few times now for more than just saw blades.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    I use mine on the TS, BS, DP, jointer, etc. You can clamp your TS miter gauge in the vise by the miter bar, zero against it and then check your angle accuracy by moving it to the gauge's face. I love the little thing so much I bought my dad one. It took him about 22 seconds to fall in love with it,
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Manistique, Michigan

I just picked one up last month. I was changing bearings in my tablesaw and used it to tune it up when I was reassembling. It took less time than normal and it is more accurate than before. Of course, the new bearings helped as well.

The Wixey is so easy to use and handy, that I bought one for work as well.
    Rich (the Yooper)

"To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world."

"Common sense is not so common."

ABQ NM
    Congrats, Rennie. I've got the Beall version...very similar, and very handy.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Constantine, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    Rennie, It is nice that you jumped in with a thread ............But as we all know no pics didn't happen
    Well, when you're right, you're right.

Truth is, I have spent every spare minute I've had over the past 3 weeks on redecorating our tv/guest room. (Remember the popcorn ceiling?)

I'll do my best to get a picture posted this week!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    hmmmm, I bet I get my doors installed on the shop before a photo gets posted...

nah, too easy for you to grab a camera.