Thread: Shop Time

Shop Time

I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I would post a couple of project I've been working on.

A couple of BOW pens. One is a black crome Patriot pen that I made for a gentleman in the US Coast Guard. It has his name, rank and the name of the cutter he is assigned to engraved on it. I hope he enjoys it. The other one is a satin nickel cigar that I made for a Preacher. It also has his name engraved on it.

Also, some minitures that I turned out of scraps I had laying around. I hate to waste anything. A couple of candle stands out of dymondwood, with corian candles and some side tables or maybe plant stands out of bloodwood.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BOW Patriot.JPG   BOW CIGAR.JPG   miniture turnings.JPG  

All of those are very nice!
    I turned a mini goblet the other night on a piece of scrap, kind of fun, would hate to do a bunch though! My oldest daughter says I will be in charge of all doll furniture when she has a girl.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Bobby, Great job on all of those.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby McCarley View Post
    A couple of BOW pens. One is a black crome Patriot pen that I made for a gentleman in the US Coast Guard. It has his name, rank and the name of the cutter he is assigned to engraved on it. I hope he enjoys it. The other one is a satin nickel cigar that I made for a Preacher. It also has his name engraved on it.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Bobby, the pens are beautiful,but why didn't you also show the engraving. How was it done?
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Good to see you drop in, Bobby. Very nice pens, but what I really want to know is where you got that huge dime in the picture with the candle holders and plant stands.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated.

I know what you mean about the doll furniture Jonathan, my two granddaughters raid my miniture turnings every chance they get to furnish their Barbie doll house and I just found out today we have another granddaughter on the way. Aren't grandbabies great?

Nancy, the pens were laser engraved and I didn't feel that I had the right to post that information on the internet, especially the information on the serviceman.

Vaughn, the dime was turned on my PM 3520 and it sure did a number on my tools.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Last edited by Bobby McCarley; 08-08-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: added comment

Great looking pens and mini's Bobby. Well done.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.