It was 22 days ago today....

Jim O'Dell

Today it was Dalton's littermate. We did surgery on Cory at the end of June. Removed her spleen, and a tumor. Weighed about 4 1/2 lbs all together. Last Friday, we noticed her stomach was obviously enlarged again. Did an ultrasound on Saturday morning. Bad news. At least 5 more tumors had developed in that short time, 2 of which were about the size of a lemon already. We kept her going and loved on her a few more days as we just weren't ready to let go of another one so quick. We set the apt for today on Monday. I think we were about right. She would only eat meat from Glenna's sandwich at lunch. Wouldn't touch a potato chip at all. We said our final goodbyes. We even brought her daughter along so she would know what happened to Mom, since they were really very close. She wasn't at all interested!
Glenna told Corey today that she better come back to her as a new pup this next summer when we plan to have puppies again. And to just let us know as she's being whelped. Just like she did 13+ years ago.... Come out of the womb raising cain and creating a fuss!
CH. Coolmeadow Cortland CD, 06/10/95-08/07/08. We'll see you one day at the Rainbow Bridge! We'll bring you a couple new tennis balls! Jim.

Dang Jim, I'm very sorry to see the news. Losing two so close together has got to be tough. Sounds like you and Glenna have the right plan in place for the next batch. My condolences.

No words will really help, only time will help heal the wounded heart. Understand where you are coming from, have had animals my whole life. Some are raised to be eaten, some to be sold, and some, well, just to be part of the family.

Jim,

Many thoughts are with you and yours, Time will help as said many times before, Lots of family members here are with you mind and spirit.

Tom

Look at it this way, Cory and Dlton are romping free and happy in puppy heaven! I know it's been a tough couple months for you guys, but hang in there!

Jim, I had tears in my eyes as I read your post. My heart is with both of you, as I know you've had a rough month. As Ed said, Cory and Dalton are in puppy heaven now, with all the treats they can eat, all the tennis balls they can chase, and all the loving they can get. I imagine it's pretty quiet around your house right now!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Nancy, it's never quiet at our house. We still have 2 girls. The 7 year old is Cory's daughter, and the almost 4 year old is something like a great niece to both of them. Plus a 13 year, or so, year old foster girl, and a 7 year old foster girl that doesn't get along with everyone, and a 2 1/2 year old new foster that is just a love sponge, and great dog. Loves to chase the squirrels with our 2 girls. So quiet doesn't fit at our house. :D But there is a void... Jim.

Sorry to hear about it...

My son had his third surgery just before Christmas for another brain tumor. This was his third in four years...the last one they did radiation for 6 weeks after the tumor removal. Now he gets MRI's (one of those 3 letter x-rays) every 6 weeks and blood test. The last operation we couldn't understand him and he dragged one foot...they both got better as time went on. They told us about a month later during one of his doctor visits - he had a stroke on the operating table.

He had a MRI a week and half ago and we found out that the forth tumor has already started growing...

He speech has started sluring again and one side has become gimpy... took him to see his doctor - there is swelling and blood leaking in his brain. They put him on steroids to reduce the swelling and will start chemo tomorrow.

He will do the chemo here at home as a pill with a anti-sickness pill.

The poor guy never had a cavity until he started taking all of the medications - we are waiting for a phone call from the dentist to when he can go into the hospital to remove all of his sad teeth.

It never ends...

sorry to ramble...

Rod in Sarnia
Ontario

Jim somehow I missed this post. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Rod keep the faith. I think you and your family sound very brave. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cant think of more to say to you guys that has not been said already.