weddin is over, on to the anniversary

larry merlau

well as yall know i went to washington fer aweedin and delivered a box to the bride,, well during the prelimanary stages of its conception i was asked to make another one for a anniversary present,, no not the same couple:rofl: so i asked the time frame and he said not needed till end of august well we said ok and was off to the races,, but see you need to enter in the fact i had 2 to make now and have to be in washinton state as well..:rolleyes: so i am started and come into my real job one mournng and get informed that over the weeknd i lost a months worth of time the anniversary is on the first nothe end of aug:eek: still got plane tickets and a wekk taken away for that.. well we shifted gears and he got me till the firstweek in august.. see this hobby is afterwork and on weekends but i still need to enter in the honey do's and the weed whackun also work decides that we have more work than we days so it takes away too... any way we added some extra hours at night and finished it up in time.. oh i am outa the chest busniess til after bow season now:rofl: so here is some flat work to even the score some towards the turners major lead:D
IMG_0311tn_.JPG IMG_0308tn_.JPG

IMG_0307tn_.JPG IMG_0305tn_.JPG

the majority of the oak was gtr sawn red oak, the top had a fair amount of fleck in it and in the back rail ,the pic doesnt show it well but there was a sunray effect of fleck going both directions ctnrd on the hump.

Wow Larry, thats one nice chest :thumb:. Love the panels and you know I like qtr sawn red oak. great anniversary gift.

Thanks for sharring it

now get in some bow practice.

Tom

Larry...

Just a box, eh? Some box. Beautiful. The cedar looks cool with the oak. If I just thought about it I might have said no, but seeing your implementation it works...very elegant.

Good luck in bow season.

Cheers.

it will be real cold way down south when i need to come out of a closet:D i got a gps and compass and dont get lost easily:rofl::thumb:

Hrrrrrmphhhhhhhhhhhm, hmmmmmppp, hmmmmmm, no cold, just choking back a couple of sentences there Larry about the above post. You do know that the original actor of Batman couldn't really drive (he hit the bat cave more than once!).

it will be real cold way down south when i need to come out of a closet:D i got a gps and compass and dont get lost easily:rofl::thumb:

Never lost just confused, befuddled & bewitched......you & I both know your scared of turning because you may find out the you like it.:):D:thumb::rofl::wave:

You will one day & live to write about it.

Besides that I think a round turning closet would suite you fine.

Last edited:
Larry, very nice looking project. A lot of attention to detail and the finish looks like it turned out really good as well. Nice little niche market you've got there. Good job!

Larry, Larry, Larry.

That is a beautiful piece. :thumb: Glad to see you're putting that new shop to use.

Maybe you could learn me how to use my time more better, cause I don't work and don't have time to do hardly any WW'ing. I may have to come for lessons.

Karl

Larry, Larry, Larry.

That is a beautiful piece. :thumb: Glad to see you're putting that new shop to use.

Maybe you could learn me how to use my time more better, cause I don't work and don't have time to do hardly any WW'ing. I may have to come for lessons.

Karl

yup i got sawdust in here karl and as for the lessons wel ya better look at someone better qualified than me..:) to teach ya.. i have just got a couple good deals at the borgs latly...

Larry,

Just a quick note to say your spray finish looks great! I guess the Clardy method of instruction works pretty good. "Here's the gun, there's the doors...getter done!"