Gloat? Problem? Young potential woodworkers!

If you remember from my post last year, I convinced the school board that a wood turning class would be good for the students for a variety of reasons. They allowed me to purchase some wood lathes (4 Jet minis) and reopen the unused wood shop in our school. At Christmas time last year I purchased four more used Jet minis from my local Woodcraft from their classroom to bring my total to 8. Then I purchased for myself a cheapie Menard's for the length at a yard sale so we could turn staffs. Okay, here is the gloat and problem. I got my class list yesterday afternoon and I have 3 sections of 20+ students per section!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
So they are going to drop 5 students from each section and possibly create another section of 15.
The last thing in the title, young potential woodworkers, they are out there and interested.
Will be posting their work as one of my first goals for the year is building a photo tent to create a portfolio of wood turned items for future classes to draw ideas from. Gloat over.

that my guy!!!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::D go getum tiger now ya need wood:eek:
so i am puttin out a call for help for jons class he needs wood for thse younguns to work with ..last year they brought some from old table legs and such and scrounged to get what they need if any of you turners goat alittle extra send johns way if you could thanks this has been a paid by me politcal announcment:D

Thanks all. Yes a good feeling seeing their interest. Larry's request for wood isn't necessary as each of them will have to start scrounging now before snow sets in. Did get a nice box of blanks last year from Stu and greatly appreciated it.
Question, do we, "Family Woodworking" have a Freedom Pen Project or Give Back project for the turners? My reason, I have contacted the commander of our American Legion about them purchasing the pen kits, I will supply the wood and have each student turn four pens for this project. If we have such a project, I would prefer it go in under this format's name.

That is great. No gloat though, that is just good news for the entire woodworking community.

Its so funny because on the farm we had an unofficial farm day and it was cool to see a dozen kids just be amazed with cows and they were like sponges...just dying to learn everything about them. People can tout computers all they want, but ultimately kids want hands on stuff.

Good for you Brother...you know we are behind you.