Thread: The good side of high gas prices

The good side of high gas prices

There is one really, It makes buying another ride so much better. Found the wife another Suburban, 1999, 3/4 ton, 4 wheel drive, tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, intermittent wipers, rear window defrosters, power door locks, cruise control, vinyl seats and floor coverings. 350, 4 speed automatic

Absolutely no rust on the body, interior is almost perfect. 75% tread on the tires. Couple of small dings, hood needs painted. The only thing that doesn't work, is the AC.

$3100, and yes I know it will get lousy mileage. But I don't really care. She only drives 6 miles to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Burb1.jpg  

wonder how many gallons of gas and how long it would take to justify buying one of those battery/gas econo-cars that seem to be so popular? at 12miles a day i`m bettin` several years........or longer than the battery life.
    nice score!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Nice. Even if it gets as low as 12 mpg, she'll get close to 20 days of work travel in. Good find.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Darren, I'm betting it does better than 12, the 82 burb we are retiring gets 14, well 14 when she drives it, for some reason it gets less when I drive

Small vehicles just don't get for us, With 2 labs and a third that visits on a regular basis, she needs that tank just to haul them around. With her weekend grooming she needs the room for dog crates. Besides that when its raining I can use it for a lumber hauler . That and when I get in a small car I feel like my butt is dragging the ground

Nice score,
    My parents recently traded in their Dakota on a younger Durango. The SUV has a smaller engine, but they had too much in the old truck for their light usage.
    and not to steal your thunder, but here's their ride...
    -Ned

We looked at a couple of Durangos, just not big enough.

Cousin has one and I've driven it a few times, I do like them though

Dollars and Sense

we are being told that the gas prices are hight and we can see it, they are trying to push the green cars in our faces and i am for saving our ecology but we also have to save our selves as well. i have had the good fortune to see the value in large strutured vehicles in the past. my wife was in apark ave. several years agao and was tboned by a ford fullsize pickup.. she survied as did the 4or 5 girlscouts she was toting.. i wont be driving a match box and the hight costs of a new green machine these days dont compare to the dollars and cents if you stop to figure it out,, so like the title says and tod brought up its all about Dollars and Sense! good score on the burb
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!