Basement Shop

randy street

Its been a work in progress, but its finially starting to take shape.

Started with this back in March

Shop_00.jpg

Shop_01.jpg

Shop_02.jpg

and this is where I'm currently at.

Shop_Lights.jpg

Shop_00.jpg

Shop_01.jpg

Shop_02.jpg

Shop_03.jpg

Shop_04.jpg

Shop_05.jpg

Shop_06.jpg

Still have a lot to do, but its been fun getting this far.

Thanks for looking.

Randy

Looking good, Randy. What's the framed-out room gonna be?

I didn't know you were a fellow member of the TS3650 club. ;)

sooooooo, whatcha gonna build when you`re done buildin` the shop?
lookin` good!

Not sure but my wife keeps asking me the same thing. I keep telling her I dont have all the tools I need yet to do anything.;)

Looking Good! Lots of space for a basement shop. love the clamp rack, going to cost a bit to fill with clamps though :rolleyes:

Tom

I have my regular clamp rack in the garage that I'll bring down once I get finished. That beam does come in handy though. Not sure I could get away with saying that I need to feel in the empty space with more clamps.:D

Looking good, Randy. What's the framed-out room gonna be?

I didn't know you were a fellow member of the TS3650 club. ;)

Its going to be my shop. The TS3650 has definitely been a nice purchase.

Hiya Randy!

You've been busy down there! Looking good!

Keep plugging away and keep posting progress pics!

- Marty -

Its nothing like yours, but I did get inspiration from watching you build it. The good thing is I think I'll beat Ned's build time.:D:D

Thanks for everybody's comments.

Randy

The Beginning

This is how it started.

The area I claimed starts just to the left of the window to the inset in the middle.

House_20061108_05.jpg

This is looking down into the shop area. The inset I framed out with a door and will eventually put a dc in here.

House_20061108_08.jpg

Here is a shot similar to the first one but with the floor joist down.

House_20061118_07.jpg

The nice thing about having the shop in the basement is ours is a walkout. Very nice entrance to bring things in and out.

House_20061118_08.jpg

Here it is about 10 days before we closed on the house. The only thing that changed from this shot was the insulation was completed on the wall.

House_20070219_24.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Randy

Man time flies. I've been making some slow progress. I have almost all the drywall hung. I need 2 more sheets to finish up. Since I was to lazy to go get some more today, I started mudding over the screws.

Shop_20081102_001.jpg

The opening behind the clamps will eventually be where I put a dust collector and compressor.

Shop_20081102_002.jpg

Shop_20081102_003.jpg

Shop_20081102_004.jpg

The inset will be a series of shelves. The opening to right of the shelf opening and left of the door is where my water softener is. I'll put a door in this.

Shop_20081102_005.jpg

I thought I was doing a good job of measuring but I have about 4 outlets i need to fix. Not to bad since I had to cutout 12 of these.

Shop_20081102_006.jpg

This is whats out the other side of the shop. It will eventually be turned into a family room once i get through using it as a secondary work area.

Shop_20081102_007.jpg

Shop_20081102_008.jpg

Shop_20081102_009.jpg

Thanks for looking. All comments and critiques appreciated.

Randy

Those electrical cutouts will get you every time.:rofl:

Randy, this is really coming along nicely. Great amount of space and it looks as though you've careful thought out how it's gong to be used. I'm looking forward to the next progress report.:thumb:

A man's rec room could be called a shop! :rolleyes:
Very nice, could see a little chainhoist on that beam, lathe under it to hold those large blanks in place to fasten to the lathe!!:D
Great space and great work.

A man's rec room could be called a shop! :rolleyes:
Very nice, could see a little chainhoist on that beam, lathe under it to hold those large blanks in place to fasten to the lathe!!:D
Great space and great work.

If I did that, I would have to get a bigger lathe....Hum, you might be on to something.:thumb:

lookun good randy but what ya gonna do with those deer antlers????:thumb: someone been chasun rudolf:D

Those are for my first whitetail and muley, their about 20 years old. The wife wouldn't let me hang them in the house, said it didn't go with the paint we chose??? My 4 year old ask me why I had them, I told him I was hungry and wanted something to eat. We are at the zoo earlier this summer and were getting ready to eat some lunch. He saw some deer and started yelling at them to run away, dad was hungry and I was going to eat them. It was pretty funny.

I definitely have got to get finished up so i can get some sort of organization. I cant find anything right now.

Thanks for looking.

Randy

yeah some women just dont see the humor in having the natural look in there family room or such :) fortunatly mine was ok with it ,i got few critters that dont say much now but did at one time:)