Basement Shop

Looking good Randy.
One question, what was the reason for using conduit in the walls when romex would have been cheaper, is it a code thing for where you are?
(It will definetly be easier pulling more wire in the future though.)

Ted

that is a Basement Shop... Ha Ha HA HA that is the Tas Mahal of Basement shops (in the works ) WIP that is.... Gradulations on the future WWing space. :thumb:

Looking good Randy.
One question, what was the reason for using conduit in the walls when romex would have been cheaper, is it a code thing for where you are?
(It will definitely be easier pulling more wire in the future though.)

Ted

It code here. The entire house is ran in conduit. It was a learning curve bending. I did have to make a few practice bends.:D

Electric_02.jpg

I sure wish I could of ran romex, it would of been a lot easier. But I do like to fact that adding on in the future will be no trouble.

The progress has been slow lately. Between the whole family being sick the past couple months and I had some work travel 3 weeks. Hopefully I can get back on track over the next couple weeks. BTW, mudding sheetrock is not on my top 10 most favorite things to do.

Thanks for looking and the comments.

Randy

Jim,

I want some sort of texture. I'm not a big fan of totally smooth walls. I've got 1 wall with its second coat and 2 walls with 1 coat. The 4th wall, I just got the rest of the sheetrock on last weekend. I plan on getting the 2nd coat on the 2 walls and first coat on the 4th wall tomorrow.

Thanks

Randy

OK, nothing special but here are some shots of this weekends accomplishments. Got a second coat on 2 of the walls and 1 coat on the wall I just finished up the drywall on last weekend.

This wall already had 2 coats on it, I just sanded it down.

Shop_20081130_001.jpg

These 2 walls I put the 2nd coat on.

Shop_20081130_002.jpg

Shop_20081130_003.jpg

This is the wall I did the first coat on.

Shop_20081130_004.jpg

Here's a shot of one of the electrical outlets I had to fix my lack on correct measuring skills on.

Shop_20081130_005.jpg

I need to pick up the final 4 inside corner beads this week to get them installed. I'm getting closer but mudding still hasnt moved up on my most favorite things to do.:)

Thanks for looking.

Randy

I've never used inside corner beads. Only outside. I put the fiberglass mesh tape in the inside corners for added strength.
I've never had as much problems with mudding as I had in this room remodel I just finished. Where the closet wall was removed and the light fixture removed they did a horrible job. One side of the closet wall is still not perfectly level, but if you don't have light across it, you can't tell too much, but there was a lot of feathering to get to that point. I wanted to rip it out and start over several times.
Just remember, thin coats of mud, and as many coats as it takes! :D Jim.

My whole drywall experience is limited to some small patch jobs. This is my biggest undertaking. I have seen it done on tv a bunch of time though.:rofl::rofl:

I'm struggling a little on the thin coats, probably because I'm using premixed stuff and its a little on the thicker side. We had some repair work done by the builder on our house and they used a yellowish color mud for their final top coat. I might search around to try and find out what that is. It's a powder, so I might be able to mix it a little thinner and see how it works out.

It has been a good learning experience but just not something thats very fun.:)

Randy