10" Tablesaw Blade, 1/8" kerf, Flat-top Grind

jim crockett

Can anyone recommend a blade that meets the criteria in the subject? I only have a couple of blades but they are both 3/32" kerf with ATB grind and they don't work well for creating miter key slots for box edges or for 1/8" finger joints. Just wondering if anyone has such a blade and, if so, how they like it. Cost IS an object here, too - preferably $50 or less.

Thanks.

Jim

I just got the TK version of this. The full kerf version ($59) should be about 1/8". I make all my keyslot cuts and then move over a smidge and do them again. I also have a carriage for small boxes that I run over an 1/8" bit on the router table.

Can anyone recommend a blade that meets the criteria in the subject? I only have a couple of blades but they are both 3/32" kerf with ATB grind and they don't work well for creating miter key slots for box edges or for 1/8" finger joints. Just wondering if anyone has such a blade and, if so, how they like it. Cost IS an object here, too - preferably $50 or less.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

As Glenn said, the LM72R010 is an excellent example of the type of blade you need. The cuts you described are rip cuts so a rip blade is called for and this one has the flat teeth and 1/8" kerf you are after.

Jim,

As Glenn said, the LM72R010 is an excellent example of the type of blade you need. The cuts you described are rip cuts so a rip blade is called for and this one has the flat teeth and 1/8" kerf you are after.

I use this blade for the same use and it is awesome. Perfectly square kerfs. It's a great blade.

I use an old Makita miter saw blade for splines. It is a 50 tooth blade that is flat ground and full kerf. I paid about $40 for it a few years ago. Not sure what the model number is.
For box joints I use the Freud box joint blades.

Hi Jim - Any of the better full kerf FTG rippers should do well. The LM72 is an excellent example but may exceed your budget. Amazon has the CMT on sale just within budget, the Infinity ripper should be close in price and is also a great blade, if you can find a DeWalt DW7642 or DW7124 ("Series 40", not "TK", and not the yellow "Precision Trim" series) either of those will work well and should be within budget. You might find some of these on Ebay too...worth a look.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I didn't realize that most (all) rip blades were FTG - learn something every day!

I did some checking and found the Freud LM72M010 for a little over $30 - same blade as the LM72R010 except it has the Silver Ice Coating instead of the Perma Shield Coating. I would think that it should work nearly as well and the $25+ saved makes it a little easier to justify.

Anyone using the LM72M010 and, if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks again - love this group... you guys are always so helpful!

Jim

I have a couple of identical blades with and without the Red coating. I find that on deeper cuts they are a tiny bit cleaner from the blades with the Red coating.

That's a great price Jim...care to share your source? :thumb:

I had an LM72R010 a few years ago but the full kerf was a bit much for my saw at the time if I was sawing very thick dense material. The LU87R010 is the TK version of the same blade and was great on my 22124. Now that I have a 3hp saw, I'll probably end up looking for a full kerf ripper for it.

That's a great price Jim...care to share your source? :thumb:

I had an LM72R010 a few years ago but the full kerf was a bit much for my saw at the time if I was sawing very thick dense material. The LU87R010 is the TK version of the same blade and was great on my 22124. Now that I have a 3hp saw, I'll probably end up looking for a full kerf ripper for it.

No problem. Hechinger shows the LM72M010 for $32.44 and Amazon also for $32.44 at www.absolutehome.com. Strange, though - on Amazon the pictures of the $32.44 LM72M010 at absolutehome and the LM72M010 at Amazon ($49.99) show what appears to be a different blade. The teeth and slots appear to be the same but the logo and printed information is different. ?????

Jim

Just different ages for the images. The one with the "Heavy Duty Rip" across the black bar is the current picture. They have looked this way for several years so it is unlikely that you will find the older version from a stocking Freud dealer.