folks are leavin`

tod evans

it appears as though glenn clabo has decided to leave as well as bill simmith..... all i can say is sorry guys, we`re trying.........really we are:eek:

Last edited:
glenn, left a good by note in his profile.....bill requested to be removed over a faux-pas.......i`m sincerely sorry to see both leave..

glenn, left a good by note in his profile.....bill requested to be removed over a faux-pas.......i`m sincerely sorry to see both leave..

I think we all are. Everyone has tried so hard to get this thing rolling in the right direction, but as I have said numerous times on here, this place is like the local hardware store where we all pull up an empty spike keg and chat about woodworking.

A few months ago I decided to leave the railroad after working there for 10 years. That was a hard choice but work at Lie Nielsen seemed ideal. The perfect mix of woodworking and machinist work. For 90 days I tried to make the best of it, but in the end I found out it was a good place...just not a good place for me. Perhaps these two people feel the same way.

Either way do not beat yourself up about it. The membership is growing, new sub-forums have popped up...good things are happening here.

more than likely i am primarily responsible for the two leaving, I'm sorry that they took that kind of action, they both were knowledgeable people.

Note to self,,,,,,, think first/ speak second, not visa versa.

I'm sorry that anyone feels the need to leave. However, folks should try to understand we're all figuing out how to drive this bus as we go along, so there are quite likely going to be some more times when things aren't perfect. I don't have a lot of patience for folks who are quick to criticize, but offer no suggestions for improvement. (I'm not saying either of these guys were in that boat, BTW.)

I don't think anyone can honestly claim we're not trying to make this a great place. Yes, there will be slip-ups, but I think the key point is in how those slip-ups are handled. For being on the 'net a little over a month, I think things are holding up pretty well. Not everything has been perfect, but we're working on it.

Vaughan, Tod, and everyone involved in making this a great woodworking hangout, I think you’re doing a great job with FW. This site has a good vibe about it. I agree that the post in question was inappropriate and mean spirited but it was taken care of fairly quickly. I’m sorry that Glenn & Bill felt that they had to leave but life goes on.

I hate to see those two guys leave, but I hope they can understand we still got a few bumps in the road to smooth out, we are working on it, and hopefully they will see it as such and come back.

Glen, Bill? Wanna give it another shot?

Well, that just sucks :(

I got a nice e-mail from Glen, I understand where he is coming from, sorry to see you leave, my friend :(

Bill, sorry to see you go as well.

OK why did this happen? Simple, too much bashing, indirectly or otherwise of SMC, or "That other Place"

I'm at the point of becoming a post Nazi on this subject, mention SMC, or "That other place" and I'm going to be real tempted to just edit you post and tell you why.

Look we are Family Woodworking, lets get on with being that.

How about we all sign up to just not mention SMC, in any why shape of form?

We are all adults here, we can do that, can we not?

Move on, get over it, let it be.

No more mention of SMC, really guys it is that hard?

............:dunno:

stu, i don`t feel it`s right to not mention smc.......all of us have learned a lot both from the forum and the folks who contribute there......
we are trying.........and we are learning.......if we wern`t making mistakes we wouldn`t be doing anything!
if we as a forum fail to learn from our mistakes then shame on us......
if we do learn from them and continue to improve all the bumps will be worth it in the end....
there are lots of different personalitys here, lots of different upbringings.....for such a diverse group that started in the midst of fallout we`re not doing to poorly......but i hope we never stop learning or forging forward......tod

I don't know anything about why these guys left but, I agree with tod on the mention of SMC. I would only make this suggestion; if you have to have a rule about mention of SMC it should be "no bashing." Feel free to mention it as a point of reference but, lets get past discussion of "being driven into the wilderness" and such and let the rest go...

another thought

i also agree that we shouldnt be told that we cant mention &^% ,first this was setup to be democratic right? and free speech as long as were arent saying bad things or words to others or about other places. in any forum you see the mention of this or that forum. if it that was the way it was everywhere else this forum maynot have gotten of the ground. i for one have seen way to much bashing and have been given some as well. but we need to look ahead and set and example for the members of any forum or meeting place and show them and ourselves that we are adults and can act with respect to all views and character upbringing. we need to get along with oursleves and stop this leak in the dike. and no i aint from holland:)